Chapter 50

AMELIA POV

"Is that what you want?" He asked, the first few buttons on his shirt were undone and he looked rugged.

I could see the pain in his eyes, and I felt sympathy even though I didn't want to.

He wanted me to say no, I could tell and I wanted to give in so bad.

I wanted to hate him, it would've been easier if I hated him.

No.

I wanted to say no so bad.

I wanted to run up to him, pull him close. I wanted him to tell me that it was all a lie, that none of it happened.

I wanted to forget it all, start afresh.

He was, without a doubt, the love of my life.

My eyes began watering, but I wiped it away, he couldn't see me like this, he couldn't see the pain he caused me, I didn't need him to see the power he held over me.

"Yes." I choked.

I knew I couldn't say no.

His face drops, any little hope he could've clung onto disappeared. He nods in understanding and leaves the room.

I hear the door slam.

I sink deeper into the covers, scoffing as my makeup wipes onto the pillow case. My chest feels heavy and I struggle to fall asleep but eventually I manage to drift into an uncomfortable sleep.

I struggle to open my eyes in the morning, my makeup glueing them shut. I feel my way to the bathroom and wash my eyes so that I can peel them open.

I have a quick shower and get changed into a pair of jeans and a turtle neck. It was early December and it was getting colder and colder every day.

I wear some fluffy socks and Timberlands and go down for breakfast.

When I get into the kitchen, I see Xavier sitting on the island, sipping on his black coffee. He looks exhausted.

"Lia.." his voice is croaky "Miss Davis," he corrects himself. I nod.

"Your car will be here in half an hour to take you to Jasmine's house." He says almost sadly.

Oh right.

I almost forgot about that.

"Umm.." I cleared my throat "can you take me somewhere else...Jasmine doesn't know about all this - she's getting married soon and I don't want to tell her yet."

He nods softly and makes an arrangement on the phone.

I grab a granola bar from the pantry and go back upstairs to pack my bare essentials. In my handbag I threw my phone, charger, passport/ID and my toiletries. I'll get someone else to collect the rest.

By the time I'm done getting ready I hear the car honk it's horn outside the house. I rush downstairs and Xavier's waiting by the door.

I stood at the the bottom of the stair case, this would probably be the last time I would ever see him. I want to remember everything about him.

His jokes, his temper, the way he kissed me, how his eyes changed depending on his mood.

I didn't want to lose any of it.

I felt horrible for feeling this way, I wanted to hate him, despise him.

But I couldn't. I felt nothing at all.

No love, no hate.

I was numb in front of him.

I knew I couldn't tell him how I feel, I didn't want to make myself vulnerable in front of him.

Last time I did he completely destroyed me.

I stride up towards him, pulling my hand out for a handshake, before leaving.

The last time I would touch him, his hands are cold as usual.

Right before I could step out the rumble of thunder silences everything. I grab the umbrella from behind the door that I had placed a few weeks ago.

The raindrops begin to fall, slowly wetting the ground, slowly intensifying to make puddles in the driveway.

I remember our conversation about the rain. I was blinded by love just a few weeks ago, but it felt like a whole different life.

He really knew how to love me, even if it was only one sided.

Even if it was all fake.

My tall heels tap on the ground, right before I sit into the car I give him one last look.

"Pleasure doing business with you, Mr King."

end of book 1

-BanditLuva🖤