Chapter 26

AMELIA POV

"What?Where are you going?" I say.

"I'm going to Australia for about 3 weeks, to meet with Mr Walker." He says, looking a bit guilty.

"Why can't I come, won't you need your assistant?" I ask, I was desperate to go as I didn't want to stay with his brother.

"Lia," he puts his and hands on my shoulders "I need to you stay, I know how much of a brilliant business woman you are, you need to take care of things here."

His words make me soften a bit, to know that he trusted me with his business.

"But I don't wanna stay with Eric," I whined. He looked at me.

"It's safer for you to be with people." He says.

"Since when do you care about my safety," I say, raising an eyebrow.

"This marriage is only for a year as it is, I don't need it to be shorter if you get murdered." He joked.

"But he's a bit weird, he touched my leg during the dinner." I say. Xavier's jaw tightened but he didn't say anything.

"My father will be there as well, so he won't do that again." He kept on giving me reasons to stay there.

"Does your dad even like me, he didn't even come to the wedding."

"Well now's your chance to change his opinion of you."

Then it clicked in my brain "you want your dad to approve of me, that's why your forcing me to stay there." I accused him.

"It's not just that—"

"That's exactly what it is. You just want daddy's approval." I say.

"If my father likes you, isn't it better? You're going to have to endure family dinners and parties for a year so might as well have him like you."

I just roll my eyes "fine, I'll stay with your family."

"Thank you."

———

"You like him." Jasmine states casually.

"No, I don't," i retort, I was back at my house to get some clothes before shifting into Eric's flat.

"You're moving in with his brother, who tried it with you, just to make him happy. That's liking in my eyes." She speaks, her eyes glued to her phone.

"Whatever," I roll my eyes and zip up my suitcase.

"Hey," a tired voice enters the room, it's Dylan. I smirk at Jasmine, who's gone blood red. He comes and gives Jasmine a peck on the cheek before disappearing into the living room.

"Yeah he kinda stays here now..." Jasmine clarifies.

"You live with him and I didn't know about it!" I say, and she gives me an apologetic look.

"After you moved with Xavier I was a bit lonely—" she began.

"It's okay Jaz, I get it, I haven't been the greatest friend lately and me moving to Eric's won't help that." I give her a hug.

"I get it, you have a lot on your plate." She shrugs.

I soon leave the house, it wasn't really my house anymore. I sighed and got an Uber to Eric's flat, where I would meet Xavier.

Dragging my suitcase along, I get out of the car and see Xavier silently waiting for me.

"Hey," I smile awkwardly "are you leaving today?" I ask.

"I'm having lunch with you guys," he says, turning his head to Eric and his father. "Then I'm leaving after that." He says.

"Okay," I breathe out, he takes my hand in his and we walk into the building.

"There's the happy couple," Eric greets us, I shake his hand and his fathers hand.

"Good afternoon Mr King," I greet.

"Please call me Arthur." His dad gives me a smile.

I nod and we all sit at the table to eat. There was a platter of cheese, roasted chicken and a large salad. We ate and made small talk where Eric was indirectly flirting with me.

I could tell Xavier noticed as well as he held my other hand and whispered nothings into my ear.

"Are we getting jealous Mr. King?" I tease him.

"No," he lies.

"At least I know you'll miss me." I smile.

"I definitely will Lia." He says and gets up to put his plate away, I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or not.

An hour after Xavier leaves, I find myself sitting on my bed alone, reading a book. Although there were other people in the house I felt alone and was already missing Xavier.

"I can tell you miss him," Eric's voice broke the silence.

"How long have you been standing there?" I ask.

"Not long, get out of this room, we can do something." He says and almost sounds friendly.

"Umm, okay." I fold the page I'm on and get off the bed.

"Why didn't Xavier take you with him?" He asked as we walked to I don't know where.

"He wants me to take care of business here," I say and Eric stops walking.

"That's nice," He says but I can see he didn't mean it. "I live closer to the Kings Corp building than he does anyway." He was right, Eric lived on the top floor and I could see the building from the balcony.

After a while we end up on the roof of the building. "Wow, this view is amazing," I smile, I even forget Eric is there for a second.

"It's beautiful." Eric says and I realise he's gotten a lot closer to me. I move away but he seems to inch closer and his hands make their way to me hips. I move his arms and shift uncomfortably.

"I need to pee," I make an excuse and run down the stairs.

I begin thinking, why did I dislike it when Eric touched me?

He was cute, rich and most importantly - had an interest in me.

I let out an audible gasp when the realisation hit me.

"I have a crush on Xavier..." I say to myself in the mirror.

Oh my god.

Hey bitches💋
Sorry for the short chapter, I feel like it's more of a filler and I wanted something out.
Next chapter is already in the writing.

-BanditLuva🖤