Chapter 14

AMELIA POV

The plane rumbled to life as I got comfortable and watched Netflix on my phone. After a couple of episodes of Dynasty I was already in Miami.

As soon as I got out the jet, I look out so see Xavier waiting for me.  A guy was holding his hand out to escort me down the few stairs, winking at me.  I shook my head.

"My fiancé is right there," I whisper, and his eyes widen when he sees Xavier and puts his hand behind his back. I give him a sweet smile and walk to Xavier.

"Hey," I say to him. Instead of an answer, he grabs my waist pulls me to him and kisses me, leaving me breathless.

"My mum is in the car watching us," he whispers in my ear.

"You could've told me she's coming, I look like a hobo." I whisper back.

"Don't worry you look great Lia." He says as we walk back to the car.  An older woman and Xavier sit at the front whilst I'm at the back.

"Hello Lia?" The woman I'm assuming is Xavier's mum greets me.

"It's Amelia, Xavier just calls me Lia," I respond "Nice to meet you," I smile.

"Likewise darling," she says.

She was really beautiful and looked young, no wonder where Xavier got his good looks from. She had tight curly black hair and deep caramel eyes.

"I'm gonna drop you off to the hotel and I'm taking Lia to the house to get freshened up." Xavier breaks the silence.

"I know why you don't want me there boy," Xavier's mum laughs, and I blush.

After a couple minutes Xavier stops outside an extremely extravagant hotel. His mum gets out and waves is goodbye.

"We'll see you tomorrow," Xavier says.

After she leaves the drive to 'the house' is dead silent.  We arrive about half an hour later. A butler takes my luggage and me and Xavier walk together inside.

"My mum is staying with us from tomorrow so put your stuff in my room."

"Your room..?" I sputter.

"Yes, my mum needs to believe in our 'relationship' in order to believe we're getting married. " he explains.

"I guess...but I'm not sharing a bed with you." I make clear.

"I wouldn't share a bed with you either." He mumbled, but I just ignored it. "It's the last room on the left."

"You're not coming?" I ask.

"My stuff is already unpacked from when I came here." He replies and walks in the opposite direction to me.

I go into the bedroom and my eyes widen with amazement. The room had a huge king sized bed, two closets on each side.

I took a glance into the bathroom to see beautiful marble floors, a glass shower and his and her sinks.

I couldn't be asked to unpack so I just put my entire suitcase in the closet and since I was already wearing comfy clothes I didn't change.