Chapter 12

AMELIA POV

The next morning the quiet buzz for Jasmine moving around the apartment woke me up. I realised I was still on the couch and just laid there for a bit staring at the ceiling.

I glanced at my phone to see it was 9 am. I wanted to lay back down and sleep a little longer but I needed to pee.

I finally decided to have a body shower and get ready for the day. It wasn't cold outside but it wasn't warm enough to wear summery clothes, so I decided to wear a cropped hoodie and ripped jeans.

My curls were messy and tangled so I brushed out my hair and had Jasmine braid it.

"Any plans for today?" She asked as she was engrossed in doing my hair.

"Yeah, I'm gonna go meet Jayden." I said as I played with my nails, that seriously needed to be done.

"You're engaged now Mel, you can't be going on these little dates anymore."

"It's not a date...I'm just gonna tell him that I'm getting married and we can't see each other." I explained.

"He's gonna love that ain't he?" Jasmine snickered and she finished doing my edges. 

Amazingly my skin looked clear so I decided not to wear any makeup and just sprayed myself with some vanilla scented perfume.

By the time I was done getting ready it was one o'clock so I decided to leave the house. I felt nauseous so I walked to the cafe get some fresh air instead of driving.

I arrived at the Honeypot Cafe and saw Jayden sitting in a booth by the window playing a game on his phone.

I took a deep breath, this was my favourite cafe and I was going to do something I really didn't want to do in it.

I went and sat opposite Jayden and it took him a couple seconds to acknowledge that I was there.

"Hey, Amelia!" He smiled toward me. "How you been?"

"I'm okay, I just wanted to talk to you about something..." I started, my hands were in my lap sweating.

"Okay before you do can I ask you something?" He said enthusiastically.

"Umm....sure go ahead."

"Do you want to be my date to my aunts wedding?" He asked, hopefully.

"Umm..." I started.

"I know that it's a big deal and we haven't known each other that long and you would meet my entire family..." he rambled.

"Hey calm down," I hold his hand with both of mine.

"Right now, there's not other girl I would take but you." He smiled softly.

I lowered my head and my eyes stayed fixed to our hands. I quickly pulled away my hands, cleared my throat and began speaking.

"Umm what I wanted to tell you was...I'm getting married," I whispered the last part.

His eyes widened and he took his hands off the table. "What..?"