Chapter 25

XAVIER POV

"Good afternoon my boy!" My dad greets me, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey father." I greet back.

"So how's the married life treating you?" he asks as we both sit down in his office.

"So far so good," I nod "I was surprised that you weren't at the wedding though."

"Son," he begins "I don't understand why you married her. She doesn't add value to the business and she isn't from a high class background."

His words angered me, "It's not always about money, I married her because I fell in love with her." I lied.

"Well I'm sorry Xavier, but I do not support this marriage and honestly I don't see it working." He says.

I was silent for a second and realised how he was be right since me and Lia would divorce soon. "I don't care whether you see it or not." I say and walk out of his office.

"You okay bro?" My brother, Eric, asks as he walks past me.

"Yeah dad is just driving me crazy." I groan, "he doesn't like my wife."

"He was surprised, just give him some time to get used to her." He says "By the way, I'm sorry for not attending your wedding I was overseas and your announcement was a little last minute."

"It's alright, I actually have no plans if you want to meet for lunch tomorrow?" I ask.

"That's fine with me." He shrugs.

I drive home to see Lia FaceTiming Jasmine whilst she was washing the dishes.

"The honeymoon was so great, probably the best vacation I've ever had." She gushes. I clear my throat to get her attention. She says goodbye to Jasmine.

"Hey, how was your day?" She asks.

"It was alright, I met my brother."

"I never knew you had a brother, what's his name?" She asks whilst putting away the plates.

"Eric, he's asked to meet us for lunch tomorrow," I say, waiting for her reply.

"That sounds fun, let's do it." She says enthusiastically. A breath of relief escapes and I'm happy that she wants to meet my family.

"Alright, I'll send a car to pick you up tomorrow at 2."

"Wait where will you be?" She furrows her eyebrows.

"I have a meeting tomorrow, to clear things up about Mr Russo's deal." I say.

"What about me, I'm your assistant and I should be there." I can feel her temper rising.

"I think you're forgetting doll," I begin "the contract says that after the wedding you no longer work."

Her face drops, "But—"

"You agreed to it not me." I smile.

"I'll get so bored in this house." She moans.