Chapter Five

Jungkook

We waited at the door for the person to knock again. Nothing though. It was so quiet it made me agitated while we waited for another knock.

In my mind I was thinking, maybe it was just another civilian or some such. Maybe actually even a neighbor. Someone that's having trouble. We continued to wait, and wait, and wait, but there wasn't another knock.

Glancing over at Seokjin he nodded at me for to continue so I reached over and grabbed the doorknob of the front door. I continued to listen really close, hearing nothing but the wind outside blowing, making the leaves on the trees rustle and whip with howls.

I yanked the door open, pointing my gun in front of me. Nothing. I lowered my gun about as quick as I pulled it out but slipped it into my back pocket after turning on saftey. Stepping out onto the porch I looked up and down the street for anyone. No sign though.

It hit me when I turned around. A note was stabbed with a pocket knife onto the door. The paper was wrinkled and tore in some places but not where the writing was.

~°♡°♡°🥀°♡°♡°~

When we made it Seokjins house, he took the note from me with his rubber gloves (we both had a pair on) and rushed to his, what he likes to call, detective room. Cheesy, he knows that, it makes him happy though. I followed close behind him as he set everything up.

It took around half an hour with the process but nothing showed, nothing happened. Seokjin took his kit and searched for finger prints on the knife and note but nothing showed. No traces, no remains, no tracks, no nothing.

We sat down in his office, across from each other at his desk. He was just sitting there, head in his hands starring at the results he received, which were photos. I was sitting there starring at the note.

"Coming soon."

And that was it. That was what was all on the note in newspaper letters. The old fashioned ransom note style. If you think about, it is a ransom. They have Jimin. Was it from them, or a minion? A partner in crime? Thinking all the different methods and ways and such made my head pound, but it wasn't a first nor a last.

"Well... We had a small hope, but nope...", he sighs as he leans in the back if his chair, "It's not like it would've gave a location, but if the finger prints matched we would've known if they were close or not..."

I only nodded my head in agreement, not knowing what else to say. Not that I wanted to say anything anyways. What was I supposed to say?

"Hey Kook", I didn't even raise my head but he knew I was listening, "We'll find him. You know that right-"

"-just", I gritted my teeth before finally looking up at him, "stop... It gets me worked up and more irritated..."

"But we need to talk about this and you can't give up-"

"-I DIDN'T SAY I WAS GONNA GIVE UP!!"

I flinched at my own tone and volume. I never yelled at hyung, not ever... except when I'm super upset. Which he knew now how upset I was about this. He only sighed, about to walk away.

Knock knock.

He froze in his footsteps and I just stood still. We waited for a second; but what felt like hours and as hoped, a second knock was heard.

"Wait Kook!!-"

I rushed to the door, we couldn't loose the person a second time. Not this time. We needed this, now or maybe never again.

When I made it to the door I quickly checked the top glass and saw a face I didn't recognized. You could guess what I did next.

I went so fast to pull the door open, yank the person in the door, shut the door and push the person to the floor, slamming the door with a back kick and pinning them to the wooden flooring before even I could comprehend what I even did myself. The person was pinned beneath me on their stomach as I sat on their back thighs, wrists pressed painfully; on purpose, to their tailbone.

"Ow ow ow h-hey wait a second-!!"

"Shut up!!", I hissed, "Who are you and why are you here!?"

"Ya!! Ow you're gonna break my wrist!!"

"I will if you don't fucking answer."

Panting from what I presumed anxiety, he turned his head on his cheek to face me looking at me. "I can help you-"

"JUST ANSWER!"

Seokjin yanked me off with a simple tug of my shirt before I could protest and starred at the guy who sat up quickly but stayed seated on the floor, looking up at us with scared almost puppy eyes. He had a strong expression though.

"How can you help us? Help us with what?" Seokjin questioned as he basically held me back. He's the type of the person to look at someone and know if they're good, bad, a liar or someone who's telling the truth. He must see something I can't.

The guys' eyes drifted over to me and then back at Seokjin, like he was terrified of me. He should be. Then he swallowed the lump in his throat.

"...I-I know where Jimin is-"

I lunged forward out of Seokjins grip and struck him as hard as I could across the face, knocking him out instantly.

"JUNGKOOK!"