euphoria

If a writer falls in love with you, you can never die.

- Mik Everett

The first thing you noticed about her were the eyes. Electric, cheerful jade green eyes. The most beautiful and breath taking pair of eyes you'd ever seen, and you've seen a lot of them.

Then, when you escaped from your trance caused by the gorgeous goddess standing and beaming in front of you, you pulled your lips apart in a wide and almost crazy-like smile. She mirrored your action, the corner of her lips turning upwards in the biggest grin, however hers is definitely prettier and more adorable than yours.

The voice coming out of her mouth is angelic and high pitched as she finally spoke. "Hi!" she exclaimed enthusiastic, reaching out for your hand. "I'm such a fan of your books, you have no idea," she gushed, a crimson red blush appearing on her defined cheeks. After staring blankly at the hand before your face for what seemed like an eternity, you sighed happily and shook it firmly, her smile becoming bigger and bigger, if possible.

"Thank you, darling," the nickname slipped out of your mouth before you could take it back, but she seemed to appreciate the gesture, as she tucked a strand of beautiful and impossibly soft brunette hair behind her ear.

"I know it's probably inappropriate because, you know, we're in the middle of a supermarket and you have your shopping cart full of-oh, wow, those are very unhealthy things, but- anyway, I just wanted to ask if you could, maybe, sign this?" the girl showed you a thin book, held between two very gracious hands. "It's my favorite book of yours and it would be an honor to have it signed," she explained after her rambling speech.

When you lowered your gaze to look at her book - well, technically it's your book, since you wrote it, but, anyway - you realized that her hands were slightly trembling. Without thinking about it too much, you placed your hands over hers, atop the cover of the novel as you looked into her eyes with the most gentle smile.

"Of course I will sign this for you," you replied softly. A huge smile threatened to overcome her sharp features, but she quickly swallowed it and replaced it with a smaller one instead. "Since I'm a writer, I can never go around without one of my lucky pens in my purse," you tried to joke, but even though you cringed internally at your poor attempt, she seemed to enjoy it and laughed lightly. You felt her attentive stare on yourself as you reached for your bag to grab your special pen, a little thirteen engraved on the small little ivory cap of it. "Here you go," you said after you had signed her copy of your book. She looked like she was about to faint, as she grazed the signature with her index finger as if it were not real. You took this brief moment to analyze better her features but soon your eyes met hers and you blushed deeply as you were clearly caught staring.

"Thank you so much, you just literally made my day," she stated, staring at the book with new eyes.

"I wouldn't be nothing without your support. I should be the one thanking you, actually," you answered. She finally took her eyes off the novel and looked up at you, wearing the most lovely smile on her face.

"You're just so talented, it's almost scary," she chuckled, holding the book close to her chest as if she were afraid of losing or dropping it. Your cheeks hurt from smiling so big, and just as she turned around to continue with her shopping, placing her novel inside her bag safely, you called out for her.

"Hey!"

The girl turned around with an expectant smile and surprised eyes.

"I never got your name," you said with a breathy laugh. As she lets out a light chuckle out of her mouth, you spot two girls standing right beside her. Maybe they were her friends and they were waiting for her. Or maybe they were just nosy onlookers that stare at other people with scary smirks on their faces.