the truth untold

Hello! It's been a while since the last one shot, but lately I had zero inspiration, and last night I wrote this little work that I've wanted to write for some time. It's a little different from the others, inspired by the song the truth untold, which is also inspired by an italian legend, La cittá di Smeraldo. I really liked the meaning behind this story (the importance of self love), it is set in the sixteenth century, and therefore I wanted to write something kaylor related. If you don't understand something, please don't hesitate to ask!

This is written in Taylor's point of view.

One of my favorite lines from the song that really represents this one shot:

Bloomed in a garden of loneliness
A flower that resembles you

-

When I held a flower today, its thorns had wounded me. I thought it was pretty; how my blood had blended perfectly with the petal of the rose. I had smiled, even though I think that my smile isn't nice. It is so out of place, so crooked and just so ugly. I had to cover my mouth for fear that someone had seen it.

When the sun set, I went back inside my castle, my soul trapped between the stone walls for so long that i could not remember how another person looked like. I held the rose close to my chest, its reassuring color warming my heart with a love that I wish I could give to myself. When i passed by a mirror, my lips grimaced at the horrible sight before me; an ugly woman, with ugly blonde hair and ugly azure eyes. The only thing I could see was the magnificence of the flower, floating among all the ugliness that was myself. I caress the petals with my cut forefinger and twirled the stem, watching it move under the dim light of the moon.

At the top of the tower, where an unmade bed awaited my return, I stood in the middle of the pentagonal chamber. I placed the light, delicate flower on the table, its petals lying against dark wood and being flooded by bright moonlight. I lied on the comfort of the white sheets, taking off my brown shoes and putting them aside. I thought about my day, which was the same as the day before, and felt stuck in the brokenness that was my hideous soul. The plain ceiling made me think about the ivory flower that had just started growing at the edge of my perfect garden. In the midst of all this loneliness and hatred, the only things that brought me joy and calm were my flowers.

My beautiful, dainty and pretty flowers.

In the midst of all this unsightliness, their beauty shone brighter than the sun hanging during the day. They were the only thing that made me smile, the only thing that made me believe that there was something that went beyond perfection.

Thinking of them and their pleasant and comforting sight, I let my eyes fall close, and for a moment, I fell asleep. My soul floated in the middle of darkness, befofe a sharp noise outside my window startled me awake. It was still night, but the first timid rays of the sun were starting to break through and replace the hollow feeling that the gloom had left behind.

I stood up, carefully. I looked out the window, not sticking my head out too much; if there was someone, I didn't want to let them see my horrible appearance.

There was a woman, in my garden. She had chestnut hair, which shone faintly when a ray of the sun hit it. She was bending, crouching before the ground and harshly pulling my flowers from the ground. Her hand was full with the only thing that I cared about, and I held back. I didn't want to scream, to yell angrily at them, because I didn't want to let her see me. I was ugly, she would be horrified to see a person like me.
I stayed silent, watching with wide eyes the scene unfold beneath my tower. the woman looked around, and then, hastily, leapt over the bushes and disappeared between oceans of dark trees.