warm blood

Alright so an anon asked me on my curiouscat if I could write a kaylor au which involves a half human- vampire and half human-witch couple, so here it is! I tried something new, which means that the parts written in italics are in Taylor's POV, and I was inspired by all of those tv series where there is a narrator speaking over the scenes, like for example Grey's Anatomy. I hope you all like this even if it's a little bit short.

Enjoy, and please don't forget to vote and/or comment!

-

I heard about the prophecy when I was just fourteen years old: a powerful half human, half vampire, would cause destruction and the death of thousands of innocent people. But it stayed in the back of my mind for so long; for almost fifteen years. Until I met a woman, two years younger than me, and fell in love with her. She was the tallest person I've ever crossed paths with, yet her entire figure emanated nothing but calmness and kindness. Green eyes that were like jade, thin, pink lips that stretched and unveiled a megawatt smile. These, I guess, were the things that made my heart fall in the trap that is love. We were best friends for a while; she was a little intimidated by the fact that I was, for part, a witch. But then, after three years of pining, of little, scared and secret glances, she made the first move and kissed me. I remember telling her, teasingly, "You're not intimidated by me anymore,". She had laughed with such crimson red cheeks that I felt bad and kissed her again. Everything was going good; sometimes we fought, but we always came back to each other. Even when things got too much, we always found our way back to each other. Until one day; when the prophecy revealed to us in the worst way possible.

They were running. Someone was chasing them.

Karlie was holding onto Taylor's hand, the latter not being able to run as fast as her girlfriend. The two women just wanted to have a peaceful date at the restaurant; until a man, whose eyes resembled fire, had interrupted them outside, with him telling Taylor to give him Karlie. What had set them on a run was him pointing a gun at them. The taller woman had been the one with the quickest reflexes, and without second thoughts, she had grabbed Taylor and had begun running as fast as she could. They were both scared, because no matter where they went, the man was still behind them. The streets, dimly lit, were for the most part desolated, but the people they occasionally passed by paid them no mind, although the scene was a little concerning.

They turned left, but they realized it was a mistake when it was too late; it was a dead-end.

Karlie slowed down, and wanted to turn around and find another street, but the man was already in front of them, already screaming at them.

"Give me the vampire!"

Taylor came to stand in front of her girlfriend, who held tightly onto her forearms from behind her. "Get away from us!" she yelled back. Her fingers were trembling, and the confusion inside her mind grew upon repeating his statement.

"Give her to me! It is for the best!" the man tried. "I know you're a witch, I know you're aware of the prophecy! We need to stop her—," he pointed his gun at Karlie. "—from destroying the world!"

"What is he saying, Taylor?" Karlie whispered in her ear, fright clear in her voice. Taylor breathed harshly, the prophecy echoing inside her brain as loud as an alarm. She stared at the man, who was literally pleading her with his stare, but she couldn't believe him. Not when he accused Karlie, the kindest, the most beautiful soul and woman to ever walk in this earth, of being the vampire the prophecy talked about.

The witch gritted her teeth and decided to use her powers. She lifted him in the air, and flung him against the wall; killing him on the spot. Her fingertips tingled, and she released a deep breath when they were finally out of the woods.