they're burning all the witches

"They grasp your hand harshly and drag you towards that room, that dull, full of hatred and white room. And do you know what they do to you there? They tear your sanity off of your innocuous brain and try to turn you into someone you are not."

"They can not do that."

"They can, therefore pray that they won't drag you there. Once they do, there's nothing you can do to go back to how you were before."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A never ending sea of pale and gloomy corridors stood majestically before her afraid and hunched frame, as her gaze wandered around and rested upon the carved numbers beside the dull doors of each room. The girls passing by her were paying her no mind, ignoring her curious yet terrified stare as they each worn a frown on their faces. 

It was her first day here.

The first of many. As soon as they had welcomed her inside the Study Mind Hospital that morning, a man sporting a coverall, its color grey mirroring perfectly the puffy clouds above their heads, had thrown a yellowish and used tracksuit at her. The edges of its sleeves were a little bit faded and there were some tiny holes here and there, she had noticed, when that same man had told her a little bit rudely to get inside and go towards the changing room to get dressed. She had obeyed him, since she had no other choice but to wander inside, following the mass of girls that had her same destination in mind. The first thing she had noticed as soon as she had stepped inside the dressing room was the whiteness of its walls, along with the horrible smell of sweat and urine. She had to swallow twice as she had found an empty spot to sit down at beside a slightly sturdy but small woman. Her hair was of the same color of the sky outside, her hard stare weighing upon the newcomer's shoulders. Just a few moments later, when everybody had changed into their lemon tracksuit, a man had entered the room and had called each girl by name, checking that everyone was inside and no one was missing. 

"Karlie Kloss?"

She had lifted up her hand in a timid way, some tough looking girls snickering by her side as they had realized that she was actually scared of being here. A blush had appeared on her pale cheeks as she had quickly looked down at her feet. 

She was brought back to earth by the grasp of a chapped hand around her forearm, dragging her towards the nearest wall. She was about to scream, but realized that that was probably a bad idea as soon as she turned around and saw a face that strangely had a soft and calming stare. The girl's skin was a little darker than hers, her eyes were two brown buttons and her tracksuit wasn't of the same color as hers. "You looked a little bit lost out there," she said, breaking the silence that was hanging between them. The stranger glanced at her body for a moment, "Are you new?"

Karlie, not trusting her voice at that moment, nodded and looked around herself while wrapping her arms around her torso protectively. 

"I'm Amelia," her short brown curly hair hung loosely on her forehead, making her look a little bit younger. "I know how difficult it is to get used to this place, so I can do you a favor and take you to your room, if you tell me the number,"

Karlie stared at her, a puzzled look on her face. "Why am I here?" 

The older woman sighed, starting to make her way through the crowd of girls. "It is too soon to make this type of questions, sweetheart. Come with me," Karlie followed the woman's trail of steps, exiting this corridor and entering a new one, a larger and higher one. Amelia explained, "Since it's your first day here, I assume you're in Section D, known as The Newcomers. Now, if you will please tell me the number of your room, I will bring you there,"