❷❶

A DEFINITION NOT FOUND IN THE DICTIONARY
Not leaving: an act of trust and love.

Finn was currently on a plane, traveling to California. It's been six days without any contact. He didn't know if she was awake or not.

He had to miss a couple days of work, but they all understood. Especially since his emotions was getting in the way of his acting. They all thought he needed a small "break".

Nick was going with him. His mom and dad couldn't go so they gave Finn things to give to Jackie and her family.

Finn was currently looking out of the window. He hasn't spoken much or even laugh too much either. It was a weird feeling to him. He was never worried about someone this deeply to the point where it changed everything.

Every mood, every action, anything he does really.

As they sat, they waited a few more hours till landing there.

Once they landed, Garret was there to pick them up. As they drove to Shane's house, Nick was the only one who was talking. Finn would chip in here and there but nothing big.

Once they got there, they put away all their things. After that they went straight to the hospital.

❞ how's Jackie? ❞ Finn asked as he looked out of the window.

Garret bit his bottom lip. As his face got serious.
❞ she's doing okay I guess you could say. She isn't awake yet. We don't know the full story because well, she isn't there to tell us her side. The doctors say that she should be awake around this week because it's the usual time people usually wake up. ❞

Finn sighed softly.

They then got to the hospital. They checked in and walked down the hallway, into Jackie's room. As Finn walked in, he saw the condition Jackie was in.

He frowned a bit more. Her nose had a cut, her forehead also had a big cut too. It wasn't deep, just long. He looked down at her.

Shit.

Shane looked over at him. He walked next to him.
❞ people said that she was in a record store, it was pouring outside. Apparently this girl went up to her and punched her in the face, someone even said that she kicked Jackie too. She fell face first, hit a corner of furniture, causing the cut on her forehead. ❞

Shane said as he sighed. ❞I don't want to believe anything until Jackie tells me. ❞ he added.

Finn nodded his head. ❞ I hope she's doing okay, like- you know what I mean. ❞ Finn said as he looked at her.

Shane sighed and nodded his head. He looked over to everyone else. ❞uh, Ryland, Garret, Morgan, Andrew, and Nick. Help me get some food for everyone??❞ he said as he looked at them. ❞ Finn you stay here. We'll be right back ❞
Shane said as he started walking to the door.

❞why do we all have to go? ❞Andrew asked quietly. ❞give them some time alone. ❞ Shane said.

As everyone was gone, Finn looked back down at Jackie. ❞okay this is gonna be weird...❞ Finn said as he pulled up a chair next to her. ❞ I've never talked to someone without them talking back. It's like I'm talking to myself really... ❞ Finn said as he sighed.