Chapter Seventeen

"That's not her." Jin shook his head weakly, fear pooling in his eyes. "You're not my daughter, what did you do with her?" He yelled feebly.

"What did I do with her?" She crouched down near the bars, running her fingers against it and watching the rust crumble. "I think the real question is what did you do with her?"

"I'm sorry, listen please you don't have to do this to them any longer. Why should they have to suffer for my mistakes?"

"Oh wait, you two don't know the story, do you?" She turned to Hoseok and Jungkook who were stood there afraid like to deers in headlights. "Seokjin isn't my father, my father who left me in the woods hoping Alice would see me before she left Wonderland. Thankfully she did, but she didn't want me either, she didn't want to be reminded of her true love from Wonderland by someone so small and weak as me. So then she sent me off for adoption. You guys were my first solid-" She cut herself off. Her smile turning down, faltering for a split second.

"Family." Hoseok, the cat who lived up to the 'scaredy-cat' phrase, neared her.

"Hoseok, don't-" Jin whispered.

"We were your first family to you, but we weren't there when you needed us the most..." His voice shook slightly but he crouched down in front of her anyway. "Crazy or not, you're still family to me. You risked everything to save us and you still are." He met her eyes and opened his arms and gently pulled her into a hug, sitting down and pulling her on top.

She fell into his lap and his arms without resistance. Her entire body frozen.

"I'll continue to be your family. If these guys won't I still will be." He muttered quietly. Then she felt two more arms wrap around her gently.

"It's the same with Hyung, you've just got to fight it up in your head." Jungkook whispered, his head on her back as he hugged her from behind. "You can do it. You managed to crack who was tormenting Wonderland and save him. Now you need to save yourself-"

Before Jungkook could finish, a loud sob shook through the hallways and both boys flinched briefly as she shook as sobs ran through her too.

"A-Are you okay?" Jungkook stuttered and she let out a strangled whimper, cuddling into both the boys as she held her head. She didn't hear the cell doors opening, nor the footsteps wandering around the hallway. Not until she felt more arms encase her one by one and then everything went black.