Chapter Twenty Four

Min Young travelled back to the village to get the necessities for the both of them since they were running low on food. She was disguised - her hair pulled back from her face but the hood of Namjoon's cape up. Her footsteps light, making sure that she wasn't noticed all too much.

She walked past buildings and notice boards when she noticed a sketch of hers and Namjoon's face. 'WANTED' was written atop of them.

Her eyes widened and she walked a little faster to get to the stalls to grab food and to get back to the cabin.

Namjoon has shadowed her to make sure she stayed safe and didn't throw herself into the arms of death, his footsteps matched hers - a couple of meters behind her. His eyes darted around the village centre when he noticed the guards that wore the red queen's emblem marching around - stopping anybody and everybody. Pulling their hoods down without permission.

And Min Young was unknowingly walking right towards them-

It happened so quickly, Namjoon didn't even realise what he was doing, he didn't realise until he hit the cold cobble of the street his body screaming in pain.

"I think this is one of the ones our queen wanted as well." The guard grinned, straddling his back as his co-worker grabbed Namjoon's wrists and tied them together. He saw out of the corner of his eye that she had escaped down a narrow alley towards the market. He let out a sigh of relief knowing she had avoided them for the time being-

He felt his body being ragged to his feet and he lifted his eyes, towering taller than most of the men as the villagers stopped and watched- their eyes wide.

Namjoon followed the guards through the village with a sad smile. His heart aches and yearned to be back with Min Young, but he closed his eyes in contentment.

Maybe it was better that she didn't know that I loved her

He thought, swallowing the lump in his throat.

Because it would make my execution more painful for her if she knew.

Sunset came when Min Young finally arrived back at the cabin. "Namjoon?" She called out quietly. Setting the fabric sack of food down in the kitchen. "Namjoon? I'm home?" She ventured through the cabin, and then ventured out to the waterfall to see if he was there.

Nobody was present.

She went back inside and sat on the sofa. It had turned dark by time her worry peaked and that's when she remembered the scene that was made in the village centre. That the man had tried to steal the guards sword to attack them- she had only gotten a brief glance but her heart sunk when she remembered the face. Tears brimmed her eyes. "You idiot..." she whimpered quietly, tears falling as she brought her legs up to her chest.

Kill them. Kill all of those who have wronged you.

She shook her head furiously. "Stop! Don't do this right now!" Her hands covered her ears and the voice inside her head continued. Her worry boiled over into anger and a smile planted itself on her lips.

"Kill them all. Kill all of those who have wronged me." She spoke bitterly. "Namjoon will be coming home. If it's the last thing I do."