Chapter 13

Laura came back from work one certain day feeling tired. She took off her black heels, pencil skirt, and cream-fitted satin blouse so she could take a shower because she needed it badly at that moment. She got out of the bathroom and went into her closet. She didn't want to wear her nightwear yet because she felt that it was still too early to be dressed in nightwear so she picked a blue shirt dress and decided to watch a movie, she went downstairs and headed for the kitchen first to get an apple before going to the indoor cinema.

                                         The shirt dress

                                         The shirt dress

Laura was watching a movie when she felt a presence behind her. She turned around to see who it was and to her surprise, Kevin was standing behind the couch. She was shocked to see him.

"Gosh, Kevin! You scared me!"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. I just didn't want to interrupt your movie."

Kevin then sat beside her on the couch.

"How did you know I was here?" She asked.

"Mary told me that I could find you here,"

"Oh, right," she replied and turned her attention back to the movie

They both watched the movie in silence. Laura kept wondering if he had come here to watch a movie with her or if he wanted to talk.

"Kevin?" She began,

"I know you didn't come to my house just to watch a movie,"

Kevin smiled at her remark.

"You know me too well... Fine. I wanted to take you out."

"Why didn't you say so?" She asked wondering how he could just comfortably sit down and watch a movie with her when he had something else in mind.

"Well, we were both enjoying the movie."

Laura just laughed at what he said.

"Really, Kevin?" She asked still smiling.