Chapter 15

Laura arrived in New Orleans. She noticed her chauffeur was already waiting for her since she gave him a call before leaving LA, telling him to come to pick her up at the airport. He greeted her and took her luggage to the car. Laura decided to go to the company instead of going home because she needed to see Scott. They haven't talked for weeks now. She asked the chauffeur to take her things home instead while she took a cab to the office.

Laura arrived at the company and asked the cab driver to wait for her. Walking into the building, she was greeted by employees. She got into the elevator and clicked on the button to the top floor of the building. She got out of the elevator and was heading to Scott's office when she heard two female employees talking about their boss. She didn't know why she felt like she needed to listen in on their conversation. So, she walked slowly behind them, keeping a little distance so they wouldn't take notice of her.

"Stacy, have you noticed the way Lisa has behaved of late? She acts all slutty, as though she was the boss around here," the female with blonde hair said.

"I think something is going on between her and Mr Cameron." She continued.

"You don't say!" Was the reply the other female with black hair exclaimed.

"I'm sure cos the other day I walked into the office and caught Lisa and Mr Cameron locking lips. But please, don't say a word about this to anyone." she pleaded.

"I won't." The black-haired female replied. With that, they separated and went to their various works.

Laura was in total shock with the new information. She heard every word they said but didn't want to believe that they were referring to her Scott. Laura was thankful that they never noticed she was behind them.

Scott was on his phone when Laura walked into his office, he was surprised to see her.

"I'll call you back," he said to the person at the other end of the phone and hung up.

Laura walked up to him and kissed him.

"Why didn't you give me a call to let me know that you were coming? " Scott questioned Laura.

At that moment, Lisa walked into the office and saw Laura, her face suddenly fell.

"I'm sorry to interrupt. I only wanted to drop the files you asked for." Lisa said and excused herself.

"Who was that?" Laura asked Scott observing his reaction. She noticed that he was uncomfortable after that lady left.

"She's my secretary. You haven't answered my question, Laura,"

"Was that supposed to be a question?"  Laura questioned back.

"Scott, how did you expect me to tell you that I was coming when you never picked up any of my calls?" she angrily said.

"You could've texted me," he replied.

"Seriously?! When was the last time you returned any of my voice messages? You already hired a secretary and didn't even bother to let me know?"

"I'm sorry, okay? I was really busy."

"Busy! Did you just say busy? Give me a break, Scott. I was also busy with my dad's company but I always found the time to call you. But you, you never did the same."

"Daniel should've informed you about everything that has been going on in the company,"

Laura scoffed at his statement. She couldn't believe what he was saying.

"So, you no longer have the time to let me know what's happening around here? Is that it?... Let me remind you, Scott, this isn't just your company, it's also mine and I have every right to know what's going on in this company, so stop acting like I'm bugging you."

Scott was taken aback by Laura's sudden outburst. He wondered where she got this attitude. He hoped that the next thing he was going to say would calm her down

"Laura, you just got back from a long trip, so go home and freshen up. We'll talk when I get back."

Laura didn't want to argue anymore so she listened to him and headed back home.

Scott made a phone call asking Lisa to come to his office. She walked in looking angry.

"Why didn't you tell me she was coming today? You made me look like a fool back there." Lisa angrily said.

"I'm sorry, I had no idea that she was coming today. She also took me by surprise," he replied leaving his seat and walking towards Lisa wrapping his arms around her waist.

"I promise I'm gonna fix this, okay? Just give me some time." He continued.

"You promise?" Lisa asked.

Scott nodded his head in affirmation before kissing hers, promising to be at her place in two days.

Laura got home feeling disappointed. She managed to take a shower so she could cool off her brain but it didn't work. She sat on her bed quietly thinking if what she heard earlier was true. She just couldn't bring herself to believe that Scott would do such a thing to her.

She wondered if he did it because he was angry at her for leaving him alone or if was it because of something else.

Laura was deep in thought when her phone rang. She was shocked because she wasn't in the right state of mind. After gaining her composure, she looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Kevin.

"Hello, Laura"

"Hey," she replied.

"I'm sorry to disturb you. I just wanted to know if you've safely arrived?" He asked

Laura felt guilty for not letting him or her mom know that she was already home, she must have gotten them worried.

"Yes, I have I'm sorry I didn't call to tell you and Mom. Please could you do me a favor by telling her that I've arrived?"

"Sure, I will,"  Kevin replied.

"Thanks"

"Okay then, I'm hanging up so you can get some rest. Goodnight."

"Goodnight Kevin, and thanks for calling." 

Laura replied before the line went dead. After hearing Kevin's voice, she relaxed a bit before deciding to get some rest rather than think because she had had a long day.