Chapter 20

Scott woke up early the next morning. He took a shower and went into their room to get a pair of suits he could wear. He got into the room and found Karen cleaning up the mess.

"Good morning sir,"

"Good morning," he replied then went into the closet and picked out a black suit and white shirt.

Laura was still asleep on the bed. He didn't bother waking her up. He felt she could do that herself because she should have thought about the board meeting they would be having today before getting drunk last night.

He walked out of the room and got dressed in the room he had slept in the previous night. He just had a cup of coffee and left for the office.

Laura woke up with a pounding headache. She noticed that Karen was cleaning the room. Karen turned around when she heard Laura stir on the bed.

"Good morning ma'am,"

Laura just nodded in reply.

"Where is Scott?" She asked.

"He already left for work," Karen replied.

"Oh," Laura exclaimed, then asked.

"Can you please pack my bags?"

Karen was surprised at Laura's request.

"Ma'am?"

"Please Karen, I can't talk right now. I'm having a serious headache. When you're done packing my clothes, whatever is left is yours." She said then went into the bathroom to get some painkillers.

Laura had pancakes for breakfast before going to take a shower because she needed to be ready before Kevin arrived. After the shower, she wore a black white pencil dress with black platform heels.

Laura decided not to go to work because she already made up her mind to leave Scott.

Scott was in his office worried that Laura hadn't shown up yet and the board meeting was going to commence in ten minutes. He wondered if she was still asleep because of the wine she had last night. He heard a knock on the door.