XVII - The Truth

Yeonwoo's POV

Now I know why Seung Ri never wanted to meet my father.. my stepfather.

She knows he would recognize her

"Seeing you enjoy all the benefits of being a rich man's daughter, angered me more. Why do you always have to take what's supposedly mine?!"

We were already living a well-off life even before your father came

I rolled my eyes in my thoughts

"So I planned to enter your life and ruin it. And I think I succeeded on that. Didn't I?" she chuckled "But I'm not yet satisfied"

Just what do you need this time?

My eyes widened as I saw her pointing a gun to Nancy

Nancy just kept her eyes closed

"Watch closely as I take away what's yours"

"No!"

She loaded the gun and was about to pull the trigger

"It seems you're the one who doesn't know anything" I revealed

"W-what do you mean?"

"Put the gun down, and we'll talk"

"No!" She said now pointing the gun at me

"Dabin!" Nancy shouted

"Your father didn't want to leave you. My dying father just asked him to take care of us when he's gone. He was not romantically involved with my mom at that time"

"You're lying!"

"That's the truth! He only decided to leave you and your mother when he found out he is not your real father"

Shock was evident on her face

Tears are starting to form in her eyes

"Shut up!"

"No, Seung Ri. You need to know everything" I continued "Your mother had an affair with someone else and got pregnant. Your father was very happy not knowing it wasn't his. He only found out about it when he accidentally heard your mom talking to your aunt about the whole thing"

"You're just making up that story!" she fired a shot upwards

I admit it scared me but I had to gather my strength and tell her everything I know

"When your mother died, he wanted to pay a visit, but your aunt didn't let him. He even wanted to have you under his care, but the people around you interfered. He still loved you even if he knew you were not his own "

"No! That's not true! If he really wanted to be with me, he would have searched for me!"

"He did. But everytime he gets any information of where you are, you suddenly move to a different place. Until he can no longer get any information. And that is because you changed your name"

She was speechless. Tears started to fall from her eyes

"He's a good man, Seung Ri. That's why I wasn't surprised that my mom eventually fell for him and they got married... He loved you like you are his own daughter. But the people around you poisoned your mind for you to hate him"

Her knees weaken and she slumped on the floor

"Stop talking! I'm not done with you yet" Jungkook suddenly attacked me with a wooden chair

I almost forgot he's here

I was about to get hit when someone approached and covered me

"Dabin!"