Calming The Storm and Water Walk

"Quiet! Be still!"
-Mark 4:39

One day when Jesus and his followers are in a boat, a huge storm hits them. Jesus' followers start panicking while Jesus is sleeping. They try to wake him up. They yell, "Lord, save us! We're going to drown!" Jesus wakes up and tells the storm to be quiet and be still. When the storm obeys, Jesus looks at the disciples and asks, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have little faith?" The disciples are in awe and terror of his miracle and ask each other, "Who is this? Even the wind and waves obey him!" We all can relate to this story because we all have storms in our lives. However, like the disciples we also believe that Jesus is just going to let us be abandoned in the storm. However, this is not true and he will never abandon you.

   In another story, Jesus tells his disciples to cross the lake and he will meet them on the other side. Another storm hits them and they wonder where Jesus is. Suddenly they see a figure walking on the waves. "It's a ghost!" One disciple cries out. However, they soon realize that it's Jesus. "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." Peter calls out to Jesus. "Lord if it's you, tell me to come to you on the water." Jesus tells Peter to come out. Peter gets out of the boat and walks on the water towards Jesus. However, he looks back and starts sinking. He cries to Jesus, yelling, "Lord, save me!" Jesus pulls Peter out of the water and onto the boat. "You of little faith. Why do you doubt?" Jesus says to Peter.

We all have moments where we doubt God and his power. We try walking on the water with him but end up sinking in. We need to have faith that God is always with us.