The Last Supper

Jesus and his disciples head to Jerusalem. Jesus arrives in the city on a donkey. People surrounding him, shouting "Hosanna!" The Pharisees told Jesus to tell the people to stop. However, Jesus said that even if they stop then the rocks would keep praising him. Jesus and his followers enter a room. There, Jesus gets out a bucket of water and some washcloths. He starts to wash his disciples' feet. They are all confused. When Jesus approaches Peter, he refuses to let Jesus wash his feet. However, Jesus replies, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me."Jesus explains that he has set an example for the disciples to follow. "No servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the the one who sent him," Jesus says. Jesus predicts that the one who will betray him will leave the table. Judas Iscariot gets up from the table and leaves. Jesus gives his disciples a new command: "Love one another as I have loved you." He also tells Peter that he will deny him 3 times. Jesus tells his disciples not to be troubled and believe in the Father as well as him. He says that he is a preparing a place in his father's house for his disciples and that they know the way. Thomas says that they don't know the way but Jesus responds, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." He also explains how the Holy Spirit will teach the disciples everything that they will need to know. Jesus tells his disciples, "I am the vine, you are the branches. Without me, you can't bear any fruit." Jesus breaks apart pieces of bread and says, "This represents my body." He hands out cups of wine and says, "This is my blood." Jesus prays for his disciples and then prays for all believers. There are so many lessons that we can learn from this part. We shouldn't be proud of ourselves but instead be humbled.