how to be aesthetic

Almost everyone on Wattpad loves making their stories aesthetically pleasing. Honestly, some people take it too far, with having an excessive amount of introductory chapters and white space. Part of being aesthetic is being simple. It's pretty minimalistic.

Tip #1: Don't write everything in italics, lowercase, or bold. It's annoying and excessive. I like lowercase in titles and "help" books, or in descriptions or any small piece of writing, but not in an actual book with multiple paragraphs. It hurts my eyes.

Tip #2: Have no more than three chapters with the cast, the playlist, the epigraph, the moodboards, etc, instead of separating them into different chapters. Personally, what I do is the cast, description, playlist, epigraph, and disclaimer in one chapter, and the graphics in the next chapter. I find it easier on the eyes that way. If you prefer to dedicate a whole chapter to the playlist, you can, but again, I wouldn't suggest more than three intro chapters.

Tip #3: SIMPLICITY IS KEY. If you look at your chapter and see way too many things happening, then it's too much. Your too much gene is coming out, and you need to dial it back a little.

Tip #4: Excessive white/black space is not cool. It requires too much scrolling and is very extra.

This

Is

Killing

Me

Stop

Okay, now that that is out, we can all take a deep breath and calm ourselves because I feel like everyone else gets mad about it too. If not, I apologize if I've offended anyone. But it's true. It's annoying. Almost as annoying as lowercase intended. Maybe it's just me though.