Running Away

Cancer^^

Capricorn Pov

I was thrown into a cell. A prison cell. What have I ever done wrong? It's not my fault that I'm here. In fact, it's Virgo's fault... no. I can't think like that.  Instead I should think about the other kids in the room.

The first one was a young Centaur. He had short blonde hair and freckles dotting his round face. He was very small. The second was a green-skinned Pixie, with oak brown hair that was shoulder length. She wore a leaf sweatshirt and leaf pants. The third was a girl in a kiddie pool in the corner. She had blonde hair and fair skin and a mischievous smile. Her blue eyes stood out. But she wasn't a girl, she was a mermaid. The last one was a Fae girl with dark skin and even darker hair. Kind of Italian looking. She had a bright smile.

"May I have your name?" The Fae asked.

"Uh—" I started to say, before being interrupted.

"Don't!" The Pixie girl warned.

"I'm sorry?" I asked.

"Are you stupid? Names have power here," the Pixie scoffed at me. "Never give yours to a Fae without careful wording."

"How should I word it?" I asked. I was pretty confused.

"Say, 'You may call me..' and then your name," the Pixie informed me.

"You may call me Capricorn," I said, unsurely. "Who are you guys?"

"My name is Bobby," the Centaur informed me. "The Pixie girl is Cassie, the Fae is Devan, the mermaid is Sarah."

"What are you?" asked Sarah curiously.

"Oh, I'm a human," I replied.

"No wonder he's so stupid," Cassie muttered.

"Hey! I'm not stupid!" I defended. "I learned a lot from Leo and Gemini on the way here!"

Devan, the Fae, perked up immediately. "You met Leo and Gemini?"

"Yeah," I admitted. "Gemini kidnapped me and Leo helped her out."

Devan immediately broke out in a grin. "This is perfect! If Cancer keeps her word, then I'm out of here! And she'll keep her word."

"How did you know that?" Bobby asked, looking hopeful.

"Never make a deal with a Fae," Devan said evilly. I was starting to wonder if the stuff they said about being hated was right.

Cassie scoffed. "Don't mind her kind. They think they're all so great."

Devan squealed in return, causing Sarah to Flip her tail a bit. "My kind? My kind aren't ankle biters!"

Cassie started to roll up her sleeves. "When I'm through with you, you won't have an ankle to bite."

Bobby picked up the two small girls, giving Cassie to Sarah and keeping Devan in his palm. He sighed and looked at me. "They do this everyday."

"It gets old fast," Sarah agreed. That's when I realized, she could talk.

"You're not mute?" I asked, looking at her curiously.

"No, I was never mortal," she replied. "Unlike most of my peers, I was born a mermaid."

"I'm lost," I commented.

"Told you He was stupid," Neela grumbled.

I ignored her as Sarah answered my question. "See, mermaids who drown as mortals before becoming a mermaid are more likely to be mute because there throats fill up with water than ones who are born mermaids. It's still pretty common, so I'm one of a few."