Enter the Earthlings

...a voice rang out in the distance. 

"Capricorn?"

Everyone turned back to look. Capricorn grinned and broke out in a sprint.

"VIRGO!"

Capricorn launched himself into her arms, completely ignoring the new presence beside her. Virgo hugged him tightly, tears streaming down her face as they embraced. In turn, Capricorn started loudly sobbing into her shoulder, gripping her so hard she felt out of breath.

"I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD!" he sobbed. She held him tightly, not wanting to ever let him go again.

"I know, I know," she shushed him. "I came back for you. The cracks just led me to our world. I'm here now. I'm okay."

The two of them huddled together in a tight embrace as the rest of the forest watched. Cancer grabbed Libra's hand. Libra turned to look at Cancer only to see a pair of wide, fearful eyes and shaky hands. As she watched, Libra came to the same realization: the prophecy hadn't been fulfilled. 

Gemini was also shaking, but for entirely different reasons. She started hyperventilating, reaching for Taurus and Leo at the same time. Leo seemed to be on the same page, as he fought back a terrible wave of nausea. Aquarius held him tightly, trying to recall a face he once knew. A name. Something. The three of them, cursed in immortality, stood there as they recognized a dangerous face from the past. 

Virgo and Capricorn finally pulled away from each other, but not far. Virgo gave Ophiuchus a side glance.

"Why don't you look happy to see Scorpio?" she asked. Scorpio frowned. 

"Do I know someone?" she asked. Murmurs of unknowing passed through the crowd.

"Scorpio, it's your sister," Virgo told her, practically shouting. She was looking at Ophiuchus with pure bewilderment. Why would she come all this way just to be silent?

Scorpio grinned. "Really? Kells, is that you?"

Virgo's face fell. "What do you mean Kells?"

Gemini spoke up, her hands shaking, and wide eyes. "Scorpio, that's not your sister."

Scorpio's eyebrows furrowed and Sagittarius stepped in front of her.

"Reveal yourself," Sagittarius demanded. The kids all shrunk behind him in terror.

Ophiuchus' face twisted into a sickening grin, as she stepped forward. "I am the four tides, the four winds, and the four elements. I am strangler of serpents, stealer of stars! I am--"

"Shut the hell up, Ophiuchus," Leo growled. 

Ophiuchus' shoulders slumped. "Come on, Leo, you never let me have any fun!"

"Can someone fill the rest of us in?" Aries asked, afterwards crossing her arms in discontent. The rest of the forest turned to look at the three immortals.

Aquarius sighed. "I remember her. She was a fae gone bad. She made some sort of deal that completely overpowered her and she went mad."

"So, what? She's some sort of demon?" Pisces asked. He and Aries exchanged glances. 

Gemini's face softened. Quietly, she replied, "There's no such things as demons and angels. Life isn't that black and white."

Leo nodded. "She was our friend a long time ago. Then she abandoned us and our sacred rules. So we banished her to the edge of the forest where she would no longer harm us."

Libra found herself reaching for Sagittarius' hand. Virgo had slung her arm over Capricorn and was holding him tightly. 

Ophiuchus gave them a wicked grin. "I missed you all so much that I decided to come back! It was so easy! Gemini can be so sloppy when she leaves a place, so sentimental!"