The Real Earth Adventure

Virgo could feel herself falling. Falling.... falling... falling....

She had nothing to hold on to and she was surrounded by pure whiteness. She flailed and she clawed and she reached for whatever she could in order to continue living. Eventually, the whiteness started to fade away and she fell into a darkness. Virgo screeched and screamed and shouted for someone, anyone, to save her. She figured she would fall until she landed in hell—although, after her meeting with the forest, she wasn't sure that existed. After another period of falling her back hit a hard, wooden surface and crashed through it.

Virgo landed on her back on the other side of the wooden surface and looked around. She was in her back yard, and, although she didn't know it, she had come from the same tree she had been kidnapped into. She groaned and sat up. Looking back at the tree, it had turned into hollow wood with nothing eerie about it.

She was honestly thinking she was high until she heard a voice. She sat up to see a plump girl of Asian descent with her hair in a bun. She had a mask over her face, which she immediately took off when she began to speak.

She held out her hand. "Hello. My name is Ophiuchus. I need your help."

Virgo took the hand politely and Ophiuchus pulled her up. Virgo dusted off her jeans and glanced around. Her house was still there, so was her moms car, but the entire street was entirely silent.

Virgo snapped back to reality when she realized that she was in the presence of someone. She smiled at the new girl.

"I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused. My name is Virgo," said Virgo. "Can you tell me what's happened exactly?"

"How much do you remember?" Ophiuchus asked.

Virgo took a deep breath and furrowed her brows. "Well, I was home. I shared a room with my brother. A Fae dragged us into a tree, and I was in the forest. War against a witch and then peace. And then these cracks started happening. I was talking to my siren friend when we felt an earthquake and boom! I fell into a crack. After that I'm really confused."

Ophiuchus nodded. "Well, you came back from which you came. Quite a while has passed since you've entered the forest. Let's see, there's a deadly disease called 'CoronaVirus' going around. Most people have been stuck inside a while."

"Is my mom okay?" Virgo asked, peering at her house again.

Ophiuchus nodded. "Last I checked she was. Your dad picked her up about a week ago and she's been staying there ever since."

Virgo at first nodded, but then recounted what the girl had said. She nodded her head and mumbled incoherently before looking back at Ophiuchus.

"How do you know so much about me and the forest?" Virgo asked, glowering at Ophiuchus.

Ophiuchus shrugged. "I do my research."

"Why? Why me?"

"I should probably give you more information about myself. My name is Ophiuchus Lyra. My sister is Scorpio Lyra. I've been looking for her for some time now. I got my leads using her ex-girlfriend, Gemma, and it led me to a magical forest. I did some more research, and this town was the prime source of kidnappings. I waited for a few other kids too. Your brother, Capricorn, a girl called Libra and another girl called Cancer. You're just the one that ended up falling out of the tree."