Five

I walked into the dining hall and everyone stopped talking then stared at me, making me self conscious. I held my chin high and got my food, scraping some into the fire for dad, then sat at my table. All but Will and Julie moved to the other end of the table and I looked down at my plate.

"Cressa-"

"I'm actually not that hungry." I whispered and stood but stopped as I saw Zeus behind me.

"Cressa, we need to talk." He said and it got dead silent in the hall again but I nodded and he held my arm then took me to Olympus. I saw my father and the other Olympians then Zeus went to his seat and dad came to stand by me.

"Apollo, this is your half succubus daughter?"

"Yes." He answered Athena then grabbed my hand and I held his hand tightly since the glares of eleven gods was scary.

"And why didn't you kill her mother like instructed?" Aphrodite asked and dad cleared his throat.

"She was stronger than I though-"

"But you could have killed her child as soon as she died. The child standing next to you, why didn't you kill her?" Hermes asked and I gripped dad's hand tighter.

"I don't murder children, Hermes."

"No?" Hades asked and laughed.

"That's odd, considering I have children entering the Underworld with your stench all over them." He said and I looked at dad but Ares sighed.

"We're getting nowhere with this! Let's just kill the girl and be done with it!"

"You would suggest that, Ares!" Athena yelled and they started fighting when Poseidon yelled.

"ENOUGH!" The room went quiet and I looked at my friend's dad as he stood.

"In her lifetime, has she killed anyone? Has she hurt anyone? Aren't the succubi known for killing at the age of twelve? They murder their first when they're only children still and this girl, she's seventeen! She hasn't killed a single-"

"You say that because your son loves her!" Artemis yelled and I looked at Poseidon in shock. Then the hunt goddess looked at me, her face filled with guilt.

"You didn't know..."

"Take me home, dad." I whispered and dad looked at me then went to argue.

"NOW! Unless you plan to kill me, I'd like to go home!" I yelled and looked at Zeus but he wouldn't say anything. Even his face said nothing about what he was thinking. Dad took me home to the camp and I walked into my cabin then stopped as I saw it empty. I went to my bunk then laid down and held the pillow as I took deep breaths to try and calm down. Percy loves me? No, I've seen him with Annabeth. Maybe Artemis was wrong. Yeah, she was wrong. I barely even know the sea boy. I closed my eyes and felt silent tears fall until I slowly cried myself to sleep.

Percy's POV
I stuffed my hands into my pockets as I walked towards my cabin when I heard whispering and looked up, seeing a few different people walking into the Apollo cabin. Two were from Ares, one from Hypnos, and another three from Athena. What are you six up to? I went towards them then saw them going to the back. I hid behind the bushes as they came back out but an Ares kid looked around then waved his friends out. I stopped as they came out with Cressa then I growled and followed them, trying to figure out what they were doing. When they got to the lake, I saw them tie a cement block to her wrist and heard their plan.

"Toss her in, quick! Chiron will do his rounds soon."

"HEY!" I went over then stopped as the Ares girl threw her sword at me, making it stab the wood at my feet.

"Don't move, fish boy." She said and pulled a spear from seemingly nowhere.

"Push her in! Kill her already!" She said and the guys shoved Cressa into the water. I took a step forward but the Ares girl shoved her spear at me, narrowly missing my throat.

"Don't bother, she'll be dead soon." She said and they laughed then kept me there for a full minute before leaving. I ran to the water and ignored the voice calling me as I jumped in, seeing Cressa floating but her body was upside down since the block was tied to her wrist. Just hang on, Cressa! I'm coming, don't die on me, please!