Seven

I sat at the table with Percy and Tyson then noticed everyone staring and slowly ate.

"Cressa-" I stopped as my stomach felt off then Percy's brow furrowed as he eyed me.

"Cressa?" I shook my head and stood then ran from the dining pavilion. I got to a trashcan and promptly puked but someone grabbed my hair, holding it back.

"Percy, get over here!" Hazel yelled as I puked again then I coughed and gripped the rim of the trashcan.

"Why is she sick suddenly?" Frank asked but I ignored them as I puked a third time.

"She's burning up." Hazel said as she felt my head then I stood and Nico handed me a soda.

"Here, you need it more than me." I smiled and drank some then Percy lifted me and I squeaked as I grabbed his shirt and neck.

"Sorry." He smirked but I smacked his chest as he carried me to Cabin Three.

"Tyson, go find Piper, tell her and Hazel I'll need them to care for Cressa." Tyson left as Percy set me in my bed then he pulled my sweater off and felt my head.

"Jesus, Cressa. You feel like you just came off the firewall." I laughed some then coughed and felt sick. Percy grabbed a trashcan and I puked again but it was mostly dry heaving now.

"Here, until they get here." He put a cold rag on my head then I laid in bed as he brushed my hair back.

"Percy?" Piper and Hazel came in then Percy sighed as he stood.

"I'm gonna let you two take care of her. I'm not really suited for this." They laughed and he came over then smiled down at me.

"I'll come to see you later. For now, get some rest. I'll let Chiron and Mr. D know that you're sick." I nodded and he kissed my clammy cheek then left as Piper pulled my leggings off.

"Hazel, turn the AC up some."

"Sure thing." She did and Piper braided my hair then put it in a bun so it was off my neck.

"Ambrosia and nectar won't stay down so those are out of the question."

"Meaning some old fashioned care." Hazel said and rewet the rag then set it on my head again.

Percy's POV
I went to the Big House and opened the door then saw Chiron and Mr. D in the front living room.

"Percy, we just got word that Cressa is sick."

"Yeah, she's vomiting. I think it's cause she drank so much lake water last night but, uh, I don't know. Hazel and Piper are caring for her, but Hazel is leaving later so..." I said and scratched my head then Chiron nodded.

"That could be the exact reason she's sick. Unfortunately, if she is vomiting, ambrosia and nectar won't stay down so those are not viable options of care." I nodded and left then went to the strawberry fields since that was my job today. Well, the Apollo cabin and the Poseidon cabin but Tyson had been roped into helping fix the firewall.

"Percy, how's Cressa?" Julie asked and I sighed as I stopped picking for a minute.

"Burning up, puking, and clammy. That's how she was when I left my cabin. Don't worry, someone is taking care of her." She nodded and I stood to move down the row when she came over again.

"Percy, is she... Well, can I see her?"

"Not right now. We don't know if it's a stomach bug or simply because of the lake last night. Chiron is giving her caretakers some ambrosia in case it is a bug so that they don't get it. If it's simply the lake water, it'll be gone in a day or two. If not, she'll be out for a good week." She nodded and left then I kneeled down to keep picking strawberries when something hit me. The strawberries! Food! I stood and ran to the Big House then held the strawberry out to Chiron.

"Chiron, the strawberries!"

"I'm sorry?"

"Last night at dinner, the Ares daughter Jessica brought Cressa strawberries. Jessica is one of the ones who tried to drown her!" I said and his eyes widened.

"You think she poisoned Cressa?"

"It makes sense." I said and we ran to my cabin but I saw Piper and Hazel beating the door.

"Cressa!"

"Please, let us in!" I ran over and tried to open the door but it was locked.

"What happened?!" I asked and Piper sighed.

"Hazel and I left to get new sheets from the Big House because she's been sweating so much. When we came back, the door was locked and she's not answering us." I looked at Chiron then he nodded and I took a step back.

"Look out." The girls backed up then I kicked the door in and saw Cressa on the floor. I ran to her and grabbed her but her skin was nearly death white, her eyes were sunken in, and her lips were blue but she was still burning up.

"Chiron, we need help!" I said and he summoned the gods as I held Cressa close. Please don't do this, I can't lose you.