Fifteen

I watched from the doorway of the arena changing room as Julie, Piper, and Laura dressed Cressa for her own funeral when Jason came in and I glanced at him.

"She looks so pretty right now." I nodded and eyed her attire.

"She's finally found her home, but it's too late

"She's finally found her home, but it's too late." I whispered and Jason nodded then the girls finished.

"She's ready." Julie whispered and I nodded then stood.

"Do you mind?" They left me be then I went to Cressa and brushed my hand over her soft locks that had black rose petals in it.

"Why, Cressa? You would have been loved and a hero but you- damn it." I whispered and sighed as I shook my head.

"Guess this really is goodbye." I whispered and leaned down, gently kissing her soft, red painted, full lips one last time. It almost felt like lightning shocked my lips but I barely felt it. I stood then closed my eyes before I cried and left the room, going to sit so those of her cabin, her father's cabin, could bring her out. I sat with Leo, Nico, Piper, Jason, Hazel, Frank, and Annabeth then Clarisse came over and sat next to me.

"I didn't know her the way you did, Jackson, but I'm sorry." She whispered and I nodded as I watched Cressa come out with her siblings in all black and gold. She was on a wagon drawn by horses but her hair was a splash of color among the dark, it was almost comical. When they stopped, Will and Kyle moved her to the large stone table that was laid out and everyone stood, the custom for us sending off our fallen.

"Cressa was brave, one of the bravest really." Chiron started as he stood behind the table to face us.

"She knew she wasn't a demigod like the rest of us, she was half monster and half god yet she didn't let that stop her. She still served as a hero to us and the world and even laid down her life to do s-" He stopped and a few people screamed as a lightning bolt struck the stone table and Cressa, knocking Chiron back. I looked to see Chiron now a good ten feet from the table but when I looked at the table itself, I froze.

"Cressa?" I whispered but saw her still laying on the table yet she was also standing next to the table. I jumped over the barrier and stepped closer to her then she looked at me and smiled, but she was transparent.

"Cressa?!" I called her and saw the other campers staring as well so I wasn't hallucinating. Well, not this time at least.

"Hey, Percy." She whispered and looked down at her body.

"So beautiful, too bad I'm about to ruin it." She laughed and I went closer then she put her hand up.

"Stop, Percy. Stay there, otherwise this won't work." I stared at her as she looked at her body again then she touched her own lips and was suddenly gone, a light radiating from her body.

"What's going on?"

"Where'd she go?"

"What do we do?" I stepped closer to her but stopped as the light still glowed. The second it was gone, I ran to her and Chiron stood on the other side of the stone table as I stared down at Cressa.

"What happened?" I asked and Chiron shook his head. Suddenly, I heard a gasp for air then looked to see gorgeous blue eyes staring back at me, full lips breathing in air, and snow white skin becoming ivory.

"Percy?" I laughed and helped her sit up then everyone cheered as she gripped my arm then looked around but was obviously confused.

"What-what happened?" She whispered and I stood, helping her to her feet.

"You-you died but you didn't." I said and she stared at me then felt her stomach.

"The ax, Corday, I remember being hit." I nodded and she laughed when I hugged her tightly, her arms wrapping under mine to hold my shoulders.

"It doesn't matter, you're home." I whispered and she laughed against my chest as Chiron silently watched us.

"But why am I in a dress?" She asked and I couldn't help but laugh as I let her go.

"Blame the girls for that, I told them a sweater and some skinny jeans would have been perfectly fine." I said and she smiled as she looked at the campers.

"They're happy I'm here?" She whispered then Leo ran over and hugged her.

"Don't ever do that again!" He cried and she slowly held him, her shock evident. Thank you, Zeus.