Eight

I bounced my leg as we waited for Chiron to come back but "we" were Nico, Frank, Jason, Piper, Hazel, Annabeth, Leo, Will, and I. Apollo had shown up for a moment but he couldn't stay long.

"Percy, is she going to be okay?" I looked at Leo and saw him on the verge of crying.

"Chiron knows how to help her, don't worry." I smiled and he nodded but Annabeth grabbed my leg and I looked up at her. She gave me a soft smile then the door to the infirmary opened and I looked up at Chiron.

"So? How is she?" I asked and he sighed.

"I'm afraid the poison is fast acting. Though, she will live. Thanks to us now owning the golden fleece, she's going to be alright." It felt like a weight lifted off my chest and he smiled at us.

"She's also asking to see you, Percy." I went in without hesitating then Chiron shut the door and I went to Cressa.

"Hey there, pinky." She laughed some but I saw the fleece still on her.

"He says I'll be fine." I nodded and brushed her hair back then smiled down at her.

"Yeah, he just told us the same. Jessica is being dealt with by the gods, she's the one who poisoned you." She nodded and weakly grabbed my hand then I held her's tight.

"Thank you, Percy. You keep saving me." I laughed and shrugged it off but honestly, I felt wrong if she was hurting or something. It felt bad if I couldn't help her.

"It's nothing. I'm just the one who happens to be around to save you." I said and she laughed then nodded and slid her fingers between my own.

"Still, thank you." She said and I nodded then leaned down and kissed her head. Her skin was still warm but not nearly as much as it was before.

"You don't feel as hot." I whispered and she nodded then started running her thumb over the top of my hand.

"Well, Chiron said I can leave in a couple of hours." I nodded and smiled then stood and she let my hand go.

"I'm going to clean the cabin, you just rest." She nodded and I kissed her head one last time then left the room. I saw everyone still there but Annabeth was gone.

"Where's Annabeth?" I asked and Hazel sighed.

"She left right after you went in." I was kinda confused but I mean, she can't be jealous of Cressa, could she? I left the infirmary then saw Annabeth sitting in front of my cabin and sighed as I went over.

"Annabeth, I was-"

"We need to talk." She said and I stopped then we went inside but I eyed the sayters fixing the door of the cabin. Yeah, kinda broke it when I kicked it in.

"Can you guys give us a minute?" They left and I looked at Annabeth as she sat on my bed.

"Annabeth, what's wrong?"

"Us, this, what we are now." She said and sourly laughed. I shook my head, knowing where this was going, then sat across from her on Tyson's bed.

"Annabeth-"

"No, Percy. Look, I love you but it's not... It used to be romantic love but now, it's not. It feels less romantic and more... Friendly, I guess. This isn't your fault, I promise! I just don't feel the way I used to." She said and I closed my eyes as a lump formed in my throat.

"So what? I'm supposed to just forget everything then? Forget all we've been through together?" I asked and she looked shocked.

"No, no, that's not-"

"That's exactly what you're saying!" I yelled and her eyes widened as I calmed down some.

"Maybe you should just go, just go. It's obvious you've made your choice and like always, I just have to go along with it." I said and she looked upset but stood and nodded.

"I'm sorry, Percy." She whispered and left then I sat on my bed and held my head as I tried to calm down some. She just- she's so annoying sometimes but she can't do this to me! Not right now! Not when I need someone.