Friends?

Tom's POV

Tord had been back for a few months now. He just showed up and stole my room and my friends! I hate the bastard.

He's so annoying and always insisting that we're friends.

I am NOT his friend.

I continued to grumble to myself as I walked. I went ahead of the gang so I didn't have to see that red clad, commie, cunt.

God I hate him!!

"Tom!"

Suddenly I was tackled forward by the very man I hated. I hit the ground with a thud and turned my head just in time to see Tord get hit by a car.

He saved me. Tord saved me.

"Tord!!" Edd shouted as he sprinted over to check on him.

I just sat on the pavement dazed for a moment, before I stood up and walked over on shakey legs. I nearly collapsed when I saw him struggling to breath in Edd's arms.

He looked up at me with a concerned look, "You ok 'witness..?"

"Why did you do that!?", I shouted, "YOU COULD HAVE DIED! WHY WOULD YOU DO SUCH A THING!?!"

"Isn't that what friends are supposed to do?"

I felt my brain shut down when I heard that.

He actually did see me as a friend.
He wasn't being an asshole... he was messing around with me... as a friend.

I suddenly felt guilt crush me like a bug under a shoe. All this time I had been wrong about Tord.

Suddenly there were sirens. An ambulance took Tord away. I didn't have the chance to apologize, or to thank him.

I sat there for a while until Edd nudged me and told me it was time to go home.

As we walked I made a mental note to make things right with Tord. It was the least I could do.

He had saved my life after all.

((This is incredibly lazy I'm sorry, but this was all my inspiration))