MELANIN QUEEN*

C H A P T E R
T W O

"Black women were created of brown sugar and warm honey. the sweetest thing to bless the earth. Be wary of anyone who tells you otherwise." –Alexandra Elle

A R M A N D A

The place was packed.

It seemed like everybody and who was anybody was there. Music was blasting, weed smoke was in the air and drinks were being poured.

Half the people there was dancing and half was just lounging around, which made absolutely no sense to me. You come to a party and don't dance? That was a waste of time and space.

"Uh Uh!" Stephanie gasped loud as hell.

"Girl what?" I asked trying to figure out what was going on.

She pointed to this girl but not just any girl. It was LoLo. Brooklyn's biggest thot and a major hating ass bitch, she started with anybody she felt like she couldn't compete with and I was definitely number one on her list.

"Now what the hell she doing over here.. her ass belong in the Bronx."

I laughed, "probably tryna' fuck somebodies man. You know she down like that."

Me and LoLo locked eyes, she tried to mug the shit out of me but I wasn't fazed by it one bit. LoLo was Spanish and she swore just because she was that lighter shade than a brown skin or a dark skin; we owed her something.

I didn't owe her a got damn thing besides these hands and she had yet to step to me the wrong way, only through social media or through a phone was this bitch bout it bout it.

Not paying that girl anymore attention we headed towards the table where the drinks were. I poured myself a shot of Hennessy and so did Steph.

"Damn girl, it's a lot of eye candy here tonight." Steph said looking at the men walking past.

I didn't really say much. I wasn't to pressed about the men here unless they come to me and that was a one in a million chance.

Seems like guys get offended of me or feel like people are going to clown them because they with a dark skin chick. I've learned that the hard way.

At last years party I met this guy name Chris he was super cute, he was tall and he was light skin. Steph insisted that I go talk to him because he was eyeing me all night. I finally go talk to him, we chatted that whole weekend, he finally ask me to come to his place because he wanted to take me out.

I go to his place and all his friends are there, as soon as they saw me they started 'whispering' amongst one another and laughing, making me feel highly uncomfortable and also Chris. He cancels the plans, told me to go home and completely stopped talking to me.

Bitch ass nigga.

This is why I don't talk to men first, cause if they truly was interested in me then they would come to me not the other way around, maybe then I'll know it's some type of real ness in him not caring bout my looks.

"Well look at what we got here. The project girls." LoLo said strolling over to me and Steph.

I downed my shot and started giggling, looking down at my empty cup.

"If it isn't the walking STD itself. Found a cure yet?" Steph replied.

I laughed causing her to look my way.

"What's so funny you black bitch?"

I placed my cup on the table, gave Steph my bag and simply pounced on her. It was one thing when a boy called me out my name, I couldn't beat a boy. But when a female call me out my name and had the nerve to INSULT me I'm fighting you. Periodt.