MELANIN QUEEN*

C H A P T E R
T E N

"The Future Is Born, Put The Past In A Casket." —Lil Wayne

" —Lil Wayne

D A V E

"What happened?" I asked Sadie as I walked into the room and noticed she was crying. She was crying so hard she couldn't talk.

"Sadie, what happened?" I asked again, this time looking between her and her mom.

"Have a seat, Dave." Her mom said to me.

I sat down on the arm of the chair and waited nervously for her to say something, for anyone to say anything. I took the time to look around the room, trying to figure out where the fuck my baby was.

"Um hello? What the fuck happened?" I said growing more and more impatient.

Sadie sat up in the hospital bed, wiping her eyes.

"We... we lost the baby, David. She was a stillborn." She cried again, she placed her hand over her mouth and sobbed to herself.

I didn't move, I didn't even say shit. I wanted to get up and console her, but I didn't. I couldn't. My eyes filled with tears but I wasn't bout to let them bitches fall, at least not here.

"How'd she lo-look?" I managed to choke out.

"So fucking beautiful." Sadie assured me.

Fuck this shit, I couldn't be here. Knowing that my daughter was stillborn and I couldn't be here on time to even witness my baby come out, dead or alive; was killing me. I have nothing to remember her by except the gender.

Before leaving out the door, I turned back and looked at Sadie crying into her moms chest.

"I'll call you." I said as I walked out the door.

I was mad as fuck, I wanted to punch some nigga face in. I promised myself whoever looked at me the wrong way was getting snuffed. At first I didn't want this baby, but when I really had to adjust that I was going to be a father, I was really looking forward to this parent life.

Pulling out my phone I checked the time. It wasn't late, so Manny still must be up. I called a lyft and was on my way to the crib. I just needed my girl.

-