MELANIN QUEEN*

C H A P T E R
T H R E E

"Dear Black Girl : You Don't Have To Be Mixed To Be Beautiful." — Celai West

A R M A N D A

"You ain't black." Taz said to Stephanie as we sat on the neighborhood bench.

"Boy, how you gonna tell me what the fuck I am?"

"Because, I know. Armanda? Now she black. Ain't that right girl?" He smirked nodding my way.

I sighed. "Don't start with me Taz, we've been cooling for a minute now don't start showing your ass."

For some reason I wasn't in the best of mood today. I don't know whether or not it was because it was hot as fuck outside or that I just realized that Armani's boo thang is Dave. .

I didn't realize that till the morning after. Now every time he sent a text to me I felt like I was betraying my sister.

Even though me and her wasn't as close and we barely spoke, I still felt like I was breaking girl code. Shit wasn't cool at all.

"You right." He agreed.

It's been two weeks since the party and a week since I spoken to Dave. I've been avoiding him lately I just didn't want to make a problem by even having this man number.

It was bright and sunny out. I wore this nice rose gold tank top with olive green shorts and sandals. Holding on to a orange lollipop that I was about to unwrap and eat.

"You know it's all love blackie." He added.

"Aight now your ass betta' get on. Annoying the shit out of me." I hissed.

He was sitting on top of his bike occasionally riding back and forth in front of me and Stephanie.

"I had to go do something anyway, I'll holla at y'all."

I didn't say anything else, hell I didn't even watch his ass ride off.

Taz played to damn much and if you let him, he can go on for hours. I couldn't even handle the first two minutes. He irked my nerves and so did his presences.

"Why you keep ducking his calls?" Steph asked as we both looked at my ringing phone.

I knew she didn't catch on to exactly who he was, she was type slow but I loved her. I sighed and ignored it like I usually did.

Not really answering the question I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Spill the tea bitch."

"Alright, you remember the car we saw my sister hopping into? Well that's Dave's car. He's seeing my sister."

Stephanie gasped.

"Nah bitchhhh, you definitely lying."

Shaking my head, "I'm definitely not."

Out of all the men, my sister had the finest one. Her young ass didn't know what to do with a nigga like Dave. I seriously couldn't understand what the fuck he wanted with her anyway.