MELANIN QUEEN*

C H A P T E R
E I G H T

"Melanin Fiercely Poppin' on Purpose." — Stephanie Lahart

A R M A N D A

"Damn, come on now ma .. I asked you if you wanted your own ice cream. Don't start scooping up some of my shit.." Dave sighed and sucked his teeth.

"Aight wait just lemme' get one more scoop while you take a picture of me..." I quickly searched for a spot to flick it up right quick.

I came across these nice steps, perfect lighting and a clean area. Well cleaner than any other steps around. Dave pulled out his phone and took a couple pictures of me, telling me how to pose and damn sure hitting my angles.

"Check it out." He handed me his phone and made sure he took his ice cream back before I really ate it all.

My man really knows how to take pictures of me, he was like my own personal photographer, I tried to be his but he say I don't hit his angles right

My man really knows how to take pictures of me, he was like my own personal photographer, I tried to be his but he say I don't hit his angles right. I mean, what do he expect? He's tall as fuck.

"Yess daddyyyy, I love them. I especially like this one." I showed him.

He took the phone from me and now his head. Telling me that he was gonna post it on his IG page at that very moment. This is what I loved about him. He bragged about me, showed me off, and loved on me out in public. That's every bitches fantasy. It damn sure was mine.

It was a nice day, the sun was out it was warm and we decided to hang out at BBP, (Brooklyn Bridge Park) he said that he had to talk to me about a couple of things and just to enjoy this day with me because he would be going out of town tomorrow night.

We caught a free bench with the water view, it was got damn beautiful.

"So what's up baby?" I asked him.

He took one last scoop of his ice cream before he sat it down on the other side of him. He looked at me and licked his lips before speaking.

"There's some shit I need to tell you ma. It's hard to find the right words to say it, but I also know that I can't keep it from you."

For some reason my heart started to race.. shit did I want to know?

"Just tell me David.. you wanna break up with me? You found another bitch? Like let me the fuck know so I won't have to waste my time any longer." I assured him.

My feelings were deep in this shit, too deep. I never felt a love like Dave's and I'll damn sure be lying if I say that I wouldn't feel no type of way if he didn't want to be with me anymore.