MELANIN QUEEN*

C H A P T E R
F I F T E E N

"A sister is both your mirror – and your opposite." – Elizabeth Fishel

A R M A N I

"Is this area cool with you?" I asked my sister Manny. I decided to take her out to lunch and just vibe for a hour or two.

Me and my sister use to be tight. We was each others back bone, but somehow we just grew apart. But now that she's adding an addition to the family, I wanted us to get back to how we use to be.

Believe it or not it use to be me, Stephanie and Manny. We use to run all over Brooklyn, just enjoying each others company and obviously looking damn good while doing it.

"Yeah this is cool. How you knew my fat ass was starving?" She joked.

"Cause you pregnant, don't all pregnant people be hungry?" I asked in a duh tone while I raised an eyebrow. We laughed.

"Not all pregnant people bitch, but I do be."

We took our seats. We was at Linden's Diner. After this I was thinking bout catching a movie with her. But it all depended on if she got sleepy after this meal.

We took our seats and hurried and got comfortable as we looked over our menus. I already knew what I wanted because I use to come here on the regular.

"So what's up sis?" Manny asked, as she flung her 28" bundles to her back.

"Oh nothing sissy. I just thought we needed a date. Catch up on something's and resolve some issues." I said honestly.

"Issues?"

I nod my head, "Yeah issues.. you don't think we have any?"

She shook her head, "No I don't recall, honestly."

She can not be serious? I'm not even gonna' get mad and my ass get mad fast.. This lunch was for us to talk and rekindle our relationship. Not get mad and argue.

I took a breath.

"You ending up with Dave. That was an issue. Not only did you talk to him and gave him some pussy, you knew me and him was a thing."

" I honestly apologize to you if I ever made you feel some type of way. Yes, I knew you and him had a thing. But I honestly didn't expect me and him to come this far anyway." She exclaimed.

I wasn't even mad. How could I be?

Dave and I wasn't exclusive. Hell, I knew he was messing with Sadie behind my back, so it's basically like Manny didn't take him from me, she took him from Sadie. If that makes any sense.

"Well listen sister, no hard feelings between us. I'm happy for y'all two." I smiled.

She returned the smile, "Thank you little sis. I'm glad we can patch things up. I didn't want no animosity between us, we family at the end of the day." She shrugged.

A couple minutes went by as we joked and laughed about other things, a waiter finally came over to take our orders.

Me and Manny looked over the menus as he waited with his pen and pad. I couldn't help but notice him staring back and forth at me and Manny. Giving us hella eye contact.

This motherfucker was blowing mines. Didn't he know that it was very disrespectful to stare at people? Especially give off these creep ass vibes?

"Damnnnn, y'all two is fucking beautiful for dark skin females." He complimented us both, as we looked up at him.