MELANIN QUEEN*

C H A P T E R
S I X T E E N

"I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride" — Pablo Neruda

D A V E

After I got off the phone with Manny, I had made a couple of calls for tonight's festivities. I wanted everything to be so special tonight that I want Armanda to feel like the luckiest woman in the world.

She deserves everything and anything. I don't think she knows that, but this is the perfect moment to show her and let her know that she's worth everything that I got to offer.

I called a couple of my peoples to set things up, I even made a couple of purchases. Even though it was late nigga's fell through for me.

After I was done situating the night for my baby. I headed home to get freshened up and waited for the time to go pick up Manny.

💫 A R M A N D A

"Okay, how bout this?" I asked my sister as I held up another dress to my body.

She sighed, "No Manny, why can't you just wear the first one?"

I scrunched up my face. It was a nice flowing all black dress. It hugged my body right and was super soft. But for some reason I actually didn't think I looked good in it.

"I don't think that style fits me right now." I sighed.

This baby was making me feel more insecure than I ever felt. I felt way insecure about my skin complexion now I'm feeling super insecure because I'm as big as a house, fat face and damn near can't fit nothing in my closet no more.

"Manny, you look beautiful! Your glowing baby! My niecey pooh might be making you gain a couple of pounds but she damn sure ain't making you ugly!."

I gave Armani a slight smile at her kind words. It made me feel a little bit better about myself so I gave in, to wearing the black dress.

After she helped me put it on and zipped me up from the back it was time to wand curl my hair. It was already heating up while I was getting dressed so all I had to do was just style.

"So are you nervous about tonight?" Armani asked me as she sectioned off the back of my hair to curl it.

I shrugged, "I don't think there's anything to be nervous about...we are probably just gonna talk and eat."

There wasn't much I can think of to happened tonight, but Knowing Dave he probably had something up his sleeves.

"I don't think you should under estimate him. Dave is pretty romantic... so I've heard." She chuckled.

I didn't laugh cause I didn't find it funny. I mean don't get me wrong me and Armani talked about the whole situation and we're totally cool now. But I find it so tacky talking bout a person you dealt/or dealing with to someone that had already dealt with them.

Plus it was down right disgusting know that we both had a piece of him. But I'm not even going to get into that, like I said me and Armani talked it over I apologized, and now it's cool. Even though it really isn't but we not going to dwell on the past.