MELANIN QUEEN*

C HA P T E R
T H I R T E E N

"It's about to be a what? A girl fight." — Brooke Valentine.

⭐️  A R M A N D A

I watched as the three dots popped up

I watched as the three dots popped up. I wasn't really in the mood to talk to this man about anything, shit I didn't even want to know why the bitch Sadie was even in house.

He got me feeling like there's something going on between them that's more than just grieving. They probably grieved in ways that I don't even want to think about and that's the bad part.

Now look at me, carrying this man's baby and me and him not even together. I feel so stupid.

Stupid for overreacting and stupid for letting this man plant a seed in me. Shit, I should've known me and him wasn't gonna' last long. But why I had to see it now?

"Hey Manny!!!!." My Auntie Sky blurted our as she walked past my room and into my moms.

"Hey Auntie Sky!." I yelled back.

Checking the time it was late, going on 9 o'clock right about now, I forgot my mom telling me that them two was headed out for the night to enjoy themselves. Something I've missed doing with Stephanie, but as soon as she gets better we're gonna' go have some fun.

Getting another text and phone call from Dave, I decided to turn off my phone. I didn't have time for this man tonight, I just simply didn't wanna' talk why he couldn't understand that.

I grabbed my towel and headed for the shower. Making sure I grab my body wash from off my dresser. I hate keeping my wash in the bathroom, because everybody in this motherfucker felt entitled to use it. It's not like they be courteous and use a little they use the whole fucking bottle.

"Don't take long in the shower, Manny. You know how you do." Mani crossed her arms.

"Hoe, why you clocking me getting in the shower?"

She sucked her teeth, "Bitch, because everybody has to take a shower other than you."

I was about to say something to her but I didn't. Not just with Dave, but I didn't have the energy to go back and forth with anybody matter of fact.

Flipping her the bird, I closed the bathroom door and proceeded to tend to my body.

•. •. •.

I finally woke up after passing out from that shower earlier, I must've slept through the night because it was already 9 in the morning. Looking out the window the sun beamed through it, hitting my chocolate brown skin.

Judging by what people was wearing, I figured it was chilly out. Which also gave me a hint of what to put on when I decide to step out.

Knock Knock Knock