MELANIN QUEEN*

C H A P T E R
F O U R

"BABE ; Black And Beautifully Exquisite." — Stephanie Lahart

A R M A N D A

"Damn! Excuse you." I said towards Armani, whom purposely bumped into me as she walked to the bathroom.

It's been a hot minute since our little altercation about Dave and shorty was still tripping. I honesty didn't have time for her bullshit today or any other day.

It was almost the end of the nice weather and the least I wanted to do was enjoy it and that's what was going to happen regardless of any petty ass beef I had. Family or not.

I looked over at myself in the mirror one last time before heading down to my ride. I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face as I looked at my reflection.

The way my skin glowed as the sun kissed it from the window. The more I embraced it, the more I didn't give a fuck what anyone had to say about my beautiful dark chocolate complexion. Not that I even cared before but now I just really didn't give a fuck.

I was definitely feeling like I was 'THAT BITCH'.

I quickly snapped a picture, not wanting to keep my ride waiting any longer.

( ARMANDA^)

( ARMANDA^)

Closing up my room behind me, I said my "see ya laters" to my mom and Auntie Sky before headed out into the world.

Walking towards the black shinny car I flipped my pink long bundles, opened the door and hopped in. His cologne filled my nose as I got comfortable.

"Bout time you gave a brotha' a chance." He smirked at me as he looked over my appearance.

"You must have liked what you seen cause you damn sure wasn't getting off my back about coming out with you."

He laughed, "you absolutely right, glad it worked though," he leaned over and kissed my cheek.

He was such a flirt. I didn't mind though, it was kind of nice having someone sweat me like this. That didn't mean that I was so open though, I knew how these boys was.

He started up the car and drove, where to? I had the slightest clue.

"So now that you got me out, what you had in mind?"

He started snickering like a school girl, it mad me a little confused cause what the fuck can he possibly be snickering at? I didn't say shit funny.

"Um hello? I know what I said wasn't that freaking funny..."

"Nah I know, the only thing that's funny is where I'm taking you.. you might think, the person I portray to be isn't into this date that I specifically put together myself..."