Chapter 7

Elena's POV.

***

I woke up to a pair of yellow and animalistic eyes, like the ones that were described in the paper that brought me out to the forest, that night. But the eyes' owner was not the handsome boy I'd expected to see before my own, but a huge beast covered in fur, and with long and sharp nails, holding around my neck.

The thing dug its nails deeper inside of me, but I couldn't do anything from the missing air to my lungs, and the shock that was still going through me.

Apart from the Thing's grunting and deep breaths, I heard some voices on the hallway, and I wanted to scream. I really did, but I couldn't. I whispered out a 'help', hoping someone could hear me. They all seem to have super hearing.

I saw a shadow at the door, and that was all I really saw before my vision became blurry.

I felt myself fall down onto the floor.

-

I woke up in the arms of somebody walking. I snuggled closer in, feeling the cold feeling of their skin, and knowing that it was Zayn who held me.

I sighed a little too loud, and I heard Zayn's deep chuckle, and feeling the vibration at his throat and his chest. I kept my eys shut, because I wanted to keep on dreaming, there was Zayn would do this in reality.

"Mmmh... Where are we going?" I hummed out, hiding my face in the crook of his neck. His face went down to my face, and gave me kiss on the cheek. His face stayed onto mine, and I hated to admit, that it actually felt really good.

All these months was just an act. An act to get out of the house. Fooling him and others to think we actually like them.

I was afraid to tell Melani, because I thought she would be mad at me. We did promise each other not to do this. This thing I was doing right now.

Falling.

First I didn't understand those feelings, and I thought the act had that effect on me. But I slowly drifted away from the act, and without fully knowing it, I was beginning to fall for Zayn.

STOP IT ELENA! My head yelled at me, but my body wouldn't listen. I snuggled closer to Zayn's neck, and gave it a quick peck.

That little peck meant a great deal to me, and I sighed, knowing Zayn would never return that feeling.

"What's wrong?" he asked in his dreamy and calm voice. I could listen to it all day, and night. But he didn't say anything other than that question, so I responded.

"Nothing," I lied, and sighed again.

"C'mon Ellie. Please don't lie to me. I hate it," he said, giving short kisses all over my face. They all felt like they were given with love, but it could just be a really act.

I slowly opened my eyes, only to see hazel eyes flicking from my mouth to my eyes. He leaned slowly in, and planted a kiss on my nose, and then my forehead.

"Ellie?" I asked him. He looked away, probably from embarrasment, but no red color came from his cheeks, maybe because he actually was a demon, and that meant he was ice cold. He laughed and looked at me again. He gave me a crooked smile.

"Um... yeah. Is that okay with you? Me calling you that?" He asked, and I saw something in his eyes, like a little light flickering.

"Yes," I blurted out. I wasn't even gonna say yes, but I felt like I couldn't say no to that man. It wasn't like the typical 'Oh he's so cute, can't say no to that face' kinda thing. No, it's actually a whole lot more. It was like, something blocked the no, that was on its way out of my mouth, and replaced it with a yes.