Part 6: The Early Basket Gets the Point

Now starts the most awaited revenge match that made all Japanese citizens feel disrespected. This game means a lot for them. Being mocked and called monkeys by foreigners whom they welcomed in their home land, just to be treated like that is unforgivable.

Basketball players in the country, most specially, wanted them to be beaten, and just like Kagetora dared, they wanted those disrespectful outsiders to paddle home after their defeat. Of course, the dream team formed to counter the opponent, the weigh is on them to revenge the entire Japanese basketball players.

Being nervous is natural when it comes to competitions but the catch is, to swallow those nerves and focus. In the locker room, the colorful group are now doing the final review of their plan.

"Yosh, it may be very nerve wracking that this game lies on your shoulders." Hanamori stated with obvious worry on her face. "But, you are here to bring justice to our basketball." She firmly said with her orangey orbs on fire. "So let's go out there and kick some butts!"

Everyone circled with hands resting in each other's backs. "Vorpal Swords! FIGHT!"

"FIGHT!!!!!"

____________

"It's been a week since the Jabberwock's, last match! Their opponents are the high school dream team!" The entire gymnasium is full packed with hopes that justice will be served. Vorpal Swords and Jabberwock's banners are up high to the ceilings where it's made visible to everyone. The game was well organized wherein fans of all ages are present.

Various noise is heard but mostly chatters and conversations about the concluded game a week ago. Some still grit their teeth being reminded of what the Jabberwock blabbered that day, while some placed their faith to the Dream Team, no everyone's faith is on them.

"The ones standing up against Jabberwock with it's star players are Vorpal Swords!" With this grand entrance and their faces presented on screen, everyone present chanted proudly.

"Man, the court for the match is awesome!" Koganei commented as his eyes washed the entire area.

"Despite those bastards said, basketball is still very popular in Japan. Everyone has come with high hopes of seeing them win today. They definitely have to win for everyone." Izuki indicated with the Mitobe and the first years with him. Also, some guys from Kaijo, Yosen, Rakuzan and Touou.

Lights suddenly went dim and the spot lights are dancing over the court showering both teams.

"The time for revenge is here!!" The announcer started with enthusiasm.

"VORPAL SWORDS!"

Everyone went wild with the introduction of the said team. Wild chants and the loudest cheers are heard from all corners.

"VERSUS!" The chants slowly dissipated while waiting for the other team's introduction.

"JABBERWOCK!" The announcer's energy didn't decline also with the spectators. But the opposite of Vorpal Swords, they booed Jabberwock with obvious dislike presented. Despite this, Nash smirked victoriously. Hanamori on the sides furrowed with the feeling that Nash seems very confident. But she believes his friends, they will surely win this one. It may be hard, but with strong belief and her confidence on her team, she's definite that they'll win.

"Hey baby, did you remember to bring your diapers?" Silver started his mockery.

With the hint of the players being ready, the referee commences the game moving in-between Murasakibara and Silver to toss the ball up. The others eyed the ball with vigilance taking into position.