Part 8: Teamwork with Combinations

Despite the outburst of Silver, their team was immediately calmed by their Captain, Nash. The first didn't go the way they wanted it to be. Vorpal Swords been showing their strength bit by bit and it made them be alarmed.

Silver having the shortest fuse among themselves had exploded making him wreck havoc, but Nash intimidated him making him calm his nerves.

The first half ended with only two buckets away from the opponents' score. Vorpal Swords have calmed down knowing this result, however it's too early to feel too calm that's why they still held caution. They all rested to replenish their energy for the upcoming battle while witnessing the uproar from the other team.

"Alright, all of you." Kagetora started earning everybody's attention back to him. "You did great in the first half. Let's keep it going in the second! But don't lose focus out there. I don't think those guys have gone all out yet." He briefly looked at Hanamori earning her an affirming nod. She also knew that there's still a lot for them in store. Kagetora shifted his gaze towards the team he's referring to pulling the rest to stare as well. "The really battle begins now. Got it!?"

"Yeah!" They all shouted affirming the same thought.

'A short while ago, Nash Gold Jr. Was able to instantly silence that temperamental Jason Silver. Just what kind of player is he?' Midorima glared his verdant orbs towards Jabberwock. His eyes narrowed trying to deduce how Nash manages to control everyone on his team. Seeing that he is not that much of the threatening presence, especially in terms of physical appearance, he still can demand all of them.

Having the same feeling, Akashi narrowed his eyes glaring at them. He feels the air changing around the blonde tattooed Captain. He was full aware that there's still some unknown ability the said Captain had and has yet to be revealed. He remembered Hanamori warned him about Nash and thought it may have something to do with what he's thinking.

Hanamori, seeing the two slowly noticing things from the opposing team made her more attentive of Nash, specially when Akashi had his eyes on him. She's having the feeling that he already got the gist of him knowing his hidden ability that can greatly affect him and the whole team. Remembering her conversation with him before, she made sure that she warned him. However, she may have wanted to tell him about the ability she knew regarding Nash, she thought it's best not to tell him prophesizing and hoping he'll not use it. Taking into consideration also the shock that Akashi might feel if he knew about it. Even being the most collected person, he might panic a little and worse to her knowing he might use his eye to defend early in the game, and it will endanger the while team, leading to their their loss.

But, having her data on her, she take into consider Nash using it somewhere during the game when he felt they're in dire situation. However, not early as this time, he won't use it yet.

"The third quarter starts now. Good luck, Vorpal Swords!"

As soon as the third quarter started, the same members from Vorpal Swords went into play, but with Jabberwock having the ball.

Nash had the ball while Kise's on him. As soon as the ball was passed to him, Kise felt pressure coming from him. He held his stance getting himself ready for his attack.

'He's coming..! That Nash bastard. His aura's completely different from the fist half!' Kagami widened his eyes feeling the difference of him.

Even being steps away from them, Aomine felt the pressure. 'Even Kise is able to feel it.' He thought observing the two.

Kise, stared to predict all possible cross overs he might do as Nash kept on dribbling the ball. Then suddenly, time went slow motion and everything went silent as the ball travelled past Kise enabling him to do nothing.