Falling in Love with a Ghost:Prologue

Prologue:

Hello, readers! I'm Kylie Livingston. I'm 17 years old so that makes me an eleventh grader. I have waist-length silky, black hair. A little boyish. I lived in New York 'cause I just went to a place far, far away where Shrek lives, no, I mean Fiona. Anyway, I went to....BROOKLYN!! Wow, so far, far way, right? The reason is....

Flashback: 10 years ago (7 years old)

I was in my room playing with my doll, Michelle. I saw a figure with black dress passed by my door. I thought it was my mommy but a part of me said that it's not her 'cause my mommy hates things that are black. So I followed the lady. When I was in the hallway, the lady was gone. I called my mom but no one answered. When I turned around, I came face to face with the lady with blood pouring out of her mouth. I stared at her, too shocked to move, but thanks to my reflexes, I slapped the lady in the face. IN YOUR FACE!!! I ran and ran around the house just to escape the wrath of the lady ghost. And eventually, I forgot about what happened when I grew up.

5 years later (12 years old)

I was in my house with my friends, watching The Scary Movie 3. My phone rang and I picked it up. No one answered.

"Hello?" Then, the croaking sound began just like in the movie The Grudge. Is it expecting me to be scared? No way! I'm not scared of anything except for insects.

"Hey, man! How did you learn to do that? Can you teach me?" I said in a jokingly manner.

Still no answer but the sound continued.

" Will you please stop that?" I asked politely, slowly losing my patience. Still no answer!! Dang it!

" SHUT THE F*CK UP!!!" I finally snapped. Thankfully, my friends are glued to the TV and didn't hear me.

But before I hung up, I heard it saying "I will come for you." I just rolled my eyes and turned to sit beside my friends.

"Hey, who was it? A boy? Tell me! Tell me!" my best friend Maria Lottie squealed. She has shoulder-length blonde hair and has a crush on Jake my brother.

"Nobody," I replied.

"Hmmm..it can't be 'nobody'. You can just tell us, ya know?" Rachelle stated, observing me carefully. Rachelle Lois is my another best friend. She's a year older than me. She has red hair that stops at her waist. Top student. No interest in boys.

I sighed. There's no point in arguing with them. I always lost. 2 vs 1.

" It's just nobody, really. I don't even know who it was. It just made some croaking sound like in the movie The Grudge and-" I stopped, bothered by the expression that my friends gave me. It was a half-shocked and half-scared expression.

"What?" I finally asked after a moment of silence.

"Oh, my God! You're being haunted!!" they both shouted in unison.

"Calm down, will ya?" I sighed "Maybe it's just some prank or something."

"Yeah, you're right. Anyone can do that, right? The croaking sound, I mean." Maria said still in shock.

"I think we should stop watching horror movies." Rachelle suggested.

"Yeah." we agreed.

5 years later (17 years old)

It's 1 am. I'm in my room, sleeping, of course. I was awakened by the noise my window was making. It was a creaking sound. Maybe, it's a thief. Wrong choice, man. How dare you break into my room?! I swung my leg expecting to hit the theif but there's no one inside except me.

Was it just my imagination? Then, the lights switched on revealing a lady wearing a black dress, smiling at me wickedly. "Sorry to make you wait, little girl." she said.

o_O..Then, my memories 10 years ago and the phone call hit me with a speed of light. It all makes sense! This lady ghost wants revenge!

I ran quickly towards my parents' room. It's unbelievable! I'm just dreaming! I pinched myself but why am I still running? It's definitely not a dream! I reached my parents' room and burst the door open, giving my parents a mini heart attack.

From then on, I became sensitive towards ghost or what you call supernatural beings. I can either feel their presence or worse, see them.

Back to the present

And that's the reason why we moved to Brooklyn. Our new house was like a mansion. It was big but definitely much worse than our old house.

It looks haunted!

But I didn't want to say it to my parents. I'm not wasting their effort on finding a house just because of my whining of being haunted.

We went inside. "Kylie,sweetie, I know it looks haunted." my mom, Charlotte, said.

What are you, a psychic? You can read my mind?!

"But it will be beautiful as new when we finished cleaning and fixing it up." my dad, Jared, continued.

"No, no, it's okay. It's fine just the way it is." I insisted.

No, it's not! Look! There are spiders everywhere.

"Hmph! It's fine just the way it is?" my older brother, Jake, snorted."Look! There are webs and spiders everywhere. I know you're scared." Then, he smirked at me.

I just rolled my eyes at him. Oh, great. Another psychic. Why can everyone read what I was thinking?

"Look who's the one talking. Screaming and running around the house just because of an insect or something." I snickered at the memory.

Jake snapped his head, glaring at me. His smirk was gone. I just raised my eyebrows innocently at him. My parents just shook their head at our bickering. Jake just turned around and walked towards his room upstairs, stomping his feet.

Didn't he know that there are more spiders upstairs? Haha! I bet he'll be screaming any second now.

I tried to stifle my laughter at the thought.

After a good fifteen seconds, we heard a girly scream.

Hah! Take that, you idiot!

Then, we started to clean and fix the house. Or mansion.

--------------

So how was it? I hope you like it. Sorry for the wrong grammars. Please leave a comment if it was okay or not. I won't be offended.