•8•

[Unedited]

Veronica looks down at the girl still crying.
"Mommy's fine. She just found someone she really missed"
"Ok, who?" The little girl says.
"Your aunt Charlie." She says pointing to me. I sit there. I feel tears covering my face but I don't care. She walks over and tells tge little girl to sit in the chair next to me. She hands her her phone and looks back to me.
"I missed you so much!" She says hugging me. We stay like this for a couple minuets until I hear a voice.
"Umm Charlie, who's this?" Corbyn says.
"T-this is my sister Veronica, I haven't seen her since I was ten, and this is her daughter...."
"Sawyer" Veronica says.

What a pretty name.

She sits down and we talk for a while. I feel bad because Corbyn and I are supposed to be on a date. But whatever. About ten minuets later Corbyn gets up and goes to the bathroom.
"Ok so, there's something I need to tell you before he gets back, but you can't tell anyone.... You can't tell the police." I say in a worried tone.

"What? Is it bad?"

"Not... That bad. Ok so mom and dad were always fighting and dad started getting.... Well the morning before we came to la got mad at mom and threw a bowl against the wall, shattering it. It barely missed mom when he threw it. So me and Charles packed whatever we could in our backpacks the next night and we left. We took a bus here. And I never want to go back. We're staying in a hotel." I say not knowing I was crying until Ronnie reached over and wiped a tear away from my face. She hugged me again. "oh my god, Charlie. I can't believe it" she mumbled into my shoulder. We talked a little. We exchanged numbers and I told her what hotel and room number that we were staying in before she got up taking Sawyer's hand and they left. When corbyn git back I told him they had left. We sat for another 5 minuets before throwing away our trash and going back to the car. Heading to our surprise destination.

20 minuets later we pulled up to a field. "What are we doing here?" I ask. He doesn't say anything, he just gets out, going around the car and opening my door, extending his hand to help me from the vehicle. I take it and stand. He smiles at me before chuckling a little and spinning me around putting a blindfold over my eyes and saying "you'll see soon princess." "Princess? That's a new one!" "Yes it is now come on" he says grabbing my hand and leading me.... Somewhere. I can feel that we are walking in tall wheat then all of a sudden there's no more wheat. I can feel flat land. Corbyn takes the blindfold off and I look around. "Wow" is all I'm able to say. There's a blanket covered in pillows on the ground and beside it is a white sheet hanging from a tree. There's a projector on a stand behind the blanket facing towards the sheet. "What is this?". "I thought for a first date we should do something special. So.... I came out here and set this up. I hope it's ok I didn't really know what all you liked and i just-" I cut him off by kissing him "your rambling again" he laughed lightly and lead me over to the blanket. He sat down and I sat beside him snuggling into his side as he put an arm around me and picked up a remote and pressing play for the projector. "what are we watching?" "Well I asked Charles what your favorite movie was so.... The notebook" "REALLY!?! I love this so much bean! Thank you." I said kissing him again and laying my head on his shoulder as the movie started.

Two hours later the movie ended. I looked up at corbyn to find him already looking at me.
"What? Do I have something on me?" I ask reaching a hand to my face to wipe my mouth. "Yes, you have something on your face" "what?" "Beauty" he says making me blush. He then stands up and stretches before reaching down and grabbing my hand and pulling me up. "What are we doing?" I ask him as he grabs the  remote once again. "Something" he says as "thinking out loud" by Ed Sheeran starts playing over the speakers. He grabs my hands and puts them around his neck and then putting his hands on my waist as we sway to the music. After a few minuets the song changes to "photograph" by Ed Sheeran. He looks in my eyes for a few second and then kisses me. This kiss is different. My knees feel weak and I never want him to leave me. I'm scared of this feeling but at the same time I feel so comfortable.

{Word count 843}