Chapter Nine

I wake up and see I'm still in the bunker. Shiro is sleeping next to me and Lance is on the other side. Pidge and Allura are on the bed. Allura's arm is draped over Pidge and Pidge is curled against Allura.

I take out my phone and take pictures of them. They look so cute! I climb out of the bunker and go to the kitchen.

Hunk is in there, humming a tune. He sees me and a smile spreads across his face.

"Keith, you must be happy, you're in Galra form" Hunk points out. I look and see that I am, indeed, fully purple.

"It's weird, I don't feel anything" I mutter.

"Do you want something to eat" Hunk asks.

"No thank you. If anyone asks, tell them I have a headache and went to bed" I tell Hunk and walk away.

I enter the training room and start training. After about ten hours, I left and went to Allura's room. I knocked quietly.

"Keith! Is your headache gone" she questions.

"Yeah, I thought you might want to train with me" I smile. She nods and we head back to the training room.

We start and I best her in ten seconds. Her smile is so wide that I'm confused. She suddenly hugs me.

"You've improved so much" she exclaims. I nod and she pulls me out.

"Where are we going" I ask warily.

"We're going to eat dinner" she answers.

"I'm not hungry" I state.

"Oh, ok. Well when we get there, whoever is done, is going to go with you to get the computers from the bottom floor" she says. I nod and she opens the door.

"Sorry, I already ate. I was really hungry" Lance looks down in guilt.

"It's ok, I need you to go get a computer with Keith. It is on the bottom floor" Allura informs him.

"I'll go too" Shiro says. Allura nods and we walk over to an elevator.

"I want to take the stairs" I complain.

"No, that's too much and you clearly just finished training. I don't want you to over work yourself" Shiro says in an almost loving(?) tone.

"Yeah" Lance says. We get on the elevator. As it goes down the lights flicker off. The elevator soon stops, but the doors don't open.

"The elevator is broken" Shiro states.

"No shit" Lance retorts.

"Lance language" Shiro scolds.

"Fucking English" Lance growls.

"What the hell is your problem Lance" Shiro shouts. I scoot into the corner and cover my ears.

"You're always so bossy and I'm tired of it. I want to be able to do whatever the hell I want whenever the hell i want. The only responsibility of mine is to be a part of Voltron" Lance yells.

"But you are a part of Voltron, that means that you need to show some type of manners. That means you follow the rules and that you don't disrespect your leader" Shiro argues.

"What if I don't want you to be the leader? What if I want Allura to be the leader? She would make a WAY better leader than you" Lance snarls.

"Too bad, I'm what you have stuck with. Allura would be a better blue paladin than you as well. That doesn't mean I'm telling you to quit. Not am I telling Keith to quit because you can fly the red lion. This is how a fucking team works Lance" Shiro points out.

"St- stop" I whimper. They keep going at each other and I start to cry in fear. A sob escapes my lips and they both turn to me.

"Keith! What's wrong" Lance and Shiro disregard their argument and run to me.

"You were y- yelling. It was l- loud and sc- scary" I say.

"I'm so sorry Keith" Shiro hugs me.

The elevator tilts a little. I begin to shake in fear. Math begins to make it's way into my head.

If we were only on the elevator for twenty seconds, then we made it past two floors. There are approximately twenty floors. That means we have an 18 floor drop. There is no way we will survive that.

"Keith what's wrong" Lance questions. He stars petting behind my ear, calming me a little.

"If the elevator free falls from here, we will definitely die" I say. Lance tenses a bit.

"I have a plan" Shiro states.