Chapter Eleven

I open my eyes and feel myself falling. When I look up, I see lance. He has a worried expression on his face. At first I thought it was because of me, but then I realized he was looking behind me.

I turn and see Shiro, in a healing pod. Scars littering his skin. I feel my body stiffen as I remember what happened. I jump out of Lance's arms and over to Shiro's pod.

"I- I'm so sorry! I could have saved you. I- I should have saved you. Y- you don't d- deserve to be in here. Pl- please don't l- leave me" I choke out.

"He should be out in about a month or so, but until ten, we need you to pilot black. You will be it's best leader. We decided that Allura will pilot blue and I red" Lance informs me.

"Ok c- can you leave me alone f- for a sec" I ask. He nods and walks out if the infirmery. I look at Shiro ans let a tear fall down my face.

"Het well soon Shiro" I say, and my face turns emotionless. I walk out and walk straight oast Lance. He calls my name, but eventually stops.

I get to the training room and I train, I train for days. No one tries to stop me, they're scared. They think I will hurt them. That makes me train even longer. It has probably been a week and I still haven't stopped.

"Training levels breached" the voice says. I stop and walk out if the training room. No one is there.

I walk to the control room and still, no one is there. They must be sleeping. I go to Pidges room and knock. No answer.

I open the door and see Pidge sleeping at her computer desk. Picking her up, I lay her on the couch and put a blanket over her.

Next, I try Lance's room. I open the door and see him sleeping peacefully in his bed. His room is a disaster though.

 His room is a disaster though

(Ignore the people)

I straighten it up and head off to the next room. Hunk.

He is sleeping in his neatly made bed. I pull the cooking book that he was reading out of his hands and set it on the dresser.

 I pull the cooking book that he was reading out of his hands and set it on the dresser

Then I go to Allura's room. I knock and the door is thrown open. A tired looking Allura is standing before me.

"K- Keith" she pulls me into a hug. I hug her back, but no emotions come on my face.

"I breached training levels. How is Shiro doing" I question.

"His recovery is coming along quicker than expected. At this rate he will be awake in two days time" Allura smiles. I nod and begin to walk away, but she grabs my wrist.

"Yes, princess" I ask.

"I want you to stay in my room tonight" she grins.

"I haven't slept in my bed in a while. I like familiar things. Please release your grip so I can sleep" I growl. She looks at me shocked, but let's go.

"Keith, are you ok" she questions.

"Yeah, I'm just tired. I get angry when I'm tired" I explain. She nods and closes her door. I head off to Shiro's room.

I get to the door and see the password holder. Quickly, I type in the password Keith. I did it before I could talk myself out of it.

I sit on the bed and remember when I first say here

I sit on the bed and remember when I first say here. Shiro was hugging me and telling me that the crew would never hurt me. A tear slides down my cheek.

I get in amd lock the door. I don't want anyone to find me in here. I just hope they won't try to have it.

I sit at his desk and grab his favorite book: The Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson.

I begin to read from the beginning. After finishing that book, I went on to reading every other book he has. Suddenly alarms we're flashing.

"Paladins get to the control room hurry. We are under attack. We won't last much longer" Allura calls. The castle jerks and I run for the control room.

I had all of my armour on, my marmora blade, and my Bayard. I got there first, and saw Coran steering. There were no ship, just coran yanking it every single often.

"Keith, you got here in ten seconds" Allura says, astonished.

Everyone gets here minutes later. Even Lance was here, suprisingly. They all looked at me and I was confused. Why are they looking at me?

"What" I question.

"Did you clean my room" Lance asks.

"Yes, I was done training and I was looking for someone to talk to. I didn't clean Pidges because she would have killed me. Sorry if you don't like it" I say looking down.

"No it's great" he hugs me. I push him away, and I see hurt written on his features.

"I- I'm sorry. I- Bye" I run back to Shiro's room and lock it. I lay on the bed and fall asleep. I didn't want to but I did.

"Keith this is your fault! Shiro shouldn't be in there" Lance slaps me.

"I- I tried to s- save him" I sob and fall to the floor. Pidge comes and kicks me.

"Sure you did" she growls. They continue to hurt me until Shiro walks over. I run to him and hug him.

"Don't touch me. You weak and pathetic. Can't even save me. I can't believe I trusted you" he punches me with his metal hand. I fly into a wall.

"Sh- Shiro" I whimper.

I jolt awake. I see that I only slept for ten minutes. I just lay on Shiro's bed. Not doing anything until he wakes up. If he wakes up.

There was a knock at the door and I didn't want to get up. The knock sounded again. Then Pidges voice was heard. I just ignored her.

"Ok Keith, I'll come back later" she mumbles. I sigh in relief. I lay back down and let myself go to sleep. This time I have no dreams, nor nightmares.