Chapter Twelve

I wake up to someone shaking me. My eyes open slowly and I see a figure dressed in all black. My eyes widen when they clear. It's Shiro!

"SHIRO! I am so sorry f- for not helping y- you. I should h- have tried h- harder. Please f- forgive me. I- I'm so s- sorry" I sob. He just pets behind me ear.

"Keith, I heard that you wouldn't stop training for three weeks" Shiro mumbles. Three weeks! I thought it was just one!

"Yeah" I say looking down.

"Keith, I love you" Shiro says. My eyes widen. He... Loves me?

"Wh- what" I squeak.

"I love you, and I have for quite some time. Please don't hate me, I just thought no better time than now. Also, when is the last time you ate" he changes the subject.

"I don't care. I- in I- have to g- go" I say and rush to Pidges room. I throw the door ooen and see Lance standing with just a towel around his waist.

"Keith" he shouts. I flinch and back away, fear in my eyes.

"I- I um s- sorry. I meant to g- go to P- Pidge" I whimper.

"Keith, why are you scared? I would never hurt you" Lance says. He goes into hair bathroom and changes.

"L- Lance" I say.

"Yeah" he hums, walking over.

"Will you uh p- pet behind m- my uh e- ear" I ask, scared of his answer. He pets behind my ear and I relax in his touch.

"Lance! Is Keith in there" Shiro yells. I shake my head and lance nods.

"No, I thought he went to your room" Lance yells.

"Dammit" Shiro curses and runs off. I breathe out a sigh I didn't know I was holding in.

"What happened" Lance asks.

"He confessed his love to me" I answer, monotonously.

"He beat me to it" Lance whispers.

"He beat you to what" I ask.

"Nothing" he responds.

"Lance" I admonish.

"To confessing. I wanted to confess my love to you, but he beat me. Now you love him nd I will be forever alone" Lance sighs.

"I have to go" I run out of the room and go to the bottom floor. I sit in the area where the elevator landed. My eyes fall upon a trap door.

I crawl trough it and see a room. The room is like Pidges bunker. I guess they have a lot of those.

I lay down on the bed and stare at the ceiling. My stomach growls but I ignore it. I can go longer.

Two confessions in less than ten minutes, that's a lot forba person to handle.

"Keith, are you here" Pidges voice rings. I keep really quiet and I hear her voice fading away.

I start to look through the lockers. There is a lot of stuff. The best thing, is that there are pencils and paper. I can draw.

I sit at the desk type thing, amd start to draw. Without realizing it, I draw Shiro and Lance again. A smile spreads across my face as I finish it.

 A smile spreads across my face as I finish it

I get up and head to the control room. Lance and Shiro are having a loud discussion.

"It was your fault! If you hadn't come by my room then I wouldn't have to tell him anything" Lance yells.

"No, it's your fault. You don't tell a distressed person that you love them! Common sense Lance" Shiro shouts back.

"Keith wouldn't have come to my room if it weren't for you. So maybe you should take your own advice" Lance snarls.

"Or maybe you should just give up and let me have him! I knew him first" Shiro growls.

"STOP IT" I scream. They both turn to me. Smiles spread across their faces.

"Keith" they say together. Then, they glare at each other.

"Stop glaring, just stop arguing. You can't make me choose. I love both of you, this isn't fair to me. Please don't make me. I can't do it" I yell.

"Oh Keith, I'm so sorry" Lance coos.

"Save it. I don't want to talk to either of you" I storm off.

"Keith we have a mission tomorrow" Shiro calls.

"Use Allura" I growl and go to the training room. I train fir another few days.

I decided to leave, so I could get food. I haven't eaten since before Shiro got out of the pod. I got to the dining room and everyone was there. A sigh of relief sounded when I walked in.

"Keith! We thought you died" Pidge exclaimed.

"Why, I was just in the training room." I say.

"We looked, we didn't see you" Shiro says. I look at him then back to Pidge.

"I was in the one on the bottom floor" I mumble. Allura gasps.

"Are you ok? That was meant to torture Galra's! You shouldn't train down there. The bits are taught to kill" Allura rushes.

"That's why I did it" I mumble and sit down. I eat slowly, until I'm full.

Sirens start to go off and they all look at me.

"Which lion do you want me to pilot" I question.

"Red" they all say. Allura begins piloting the castle while I ge in red. She purrs in delight when my hands touch the controls.

"Let's do this" I say. We go into battle.

"Keith look out-" lance is cut off when everything goes black.