31.Cupid

As the time passes our pain heals but the memories doesn't fade away. Likewise, it's been three weeks and a few days since grandma had gone to her new home and I have been trying to cope with the loss of her but fell miserably.

I have tried hard not to get depressed by that thought but somehow I still feel like to cry remembering her words. She was really close to my heart and it felt like some part of it is taken away from me. And Bell had been trying to cheer me up by keeping me busy with her chatting and shopping but somewhere I still mourn for her.

"Doctor the patient has woken up." A nurse told me poking her head from the door of the cabinet of the hospital.

"I will come right away." I said getting up from the chair and grabbed the stethoscope from the table while walking out to the patient's room.

"His vitals are okay and Lia check his sugar level." I said while looking at the patient's eye.

"It's stable and his blood pressure is normal." Lia said checking the machine at the side.

"How are you feeling Dean? Dizzy?" I asked the patient who has just woken up after sleeping for 3 days.

"Umm..little bit. My throat seems burning." He said while moving his hand towards his throat.

"It's normal and you seems okay. There was no complications during the surgery but we need to do some tests before discharging you." I gave him a glass of water.

"How many days he need to stay here? Is he alright?" A lady whom I assumed to be his wife asked me in a worried tone.

"There is nothing to be worried of and it's just for the confirmation that he is stable after the surgery. Also, we will keep him under observation for five days." I said in my professional voice and with a small smile I turn around to leave.

"Thank you doctor." The lady said with a pleased voice for which I said that it was my duty and exist the room.

"Chocooo!" Bell voice came form the left and there I saw her striding towards me with a huge grin plastered on her pretty face.

"Bell! Where have you been? You didn't call me yesterday and...." I spurted out my question non stop but she shut me up while placing her hand on my left arm.

"Choco! Calm down and listen to me first. I'm so happy and I can't wait to tell you.." She said showing her bright white teeth while chuckling like a child.

"Tell me. I'm listening." I said walking towards the way to my cabinet and Bell walked alongside me.

"I met someone who was so damn hot that I couldn't stop thinking about him. He has got a perfect body that makes him look more handsome that Calvin Klein model and the way his hand were on my waist..." She said each and every details dramatically which made me to roll my eyes.

"So you were with some guy that you forget about me and didn't even care to leave a message." I snapped at her while making an angry face.

"Yeah. But no. He wasn't with me. It's just..." She trailed off and stopped on her track.

"What are you saying woman? Elaborate more." I said sounding annoyed.

"Actually, yesterday night I went to a club where I had a date but when he got an important call he left me at the bar and went to receive it. Then the guy, the hottie came towards me and offer to buy me a drink. He took my breath away at the first side and I gawk at him openly slightly partings my lips and he pinch my cheek to bring me back to the earth. His touch was..." I huffed listening to her and opened the cabinet door.

"Choco! I wasn't finished." She whined like a child and took the sit on the chair in front of my desk.

"I'm listening bff" I said in a mocking tone stretching the word bff.