39.Why! Why?

A lone tear escape from my eye when I saw the scene before me. I had never thought that I would ever see him this broken and vulnerable.

He was always an arrogant, rude and cold hearted jerk to me but when I hear his voice back at the living area accusing Jade of not being there for him as a mother, I know that he was trying to hide all the pain and had acted like a strong person.

But even a strongest person has his downfall and they too have emotions which is very sensible to them. People cannot always be happy all the time so sadness is what makes them cope with the reality of life. And life is unpredictable so we need to build up our courage to withstand it outcomes.

Also, I had never thought that the person who do not seem to care about another soul is actually broken from inside and is hiding the pent up of emotion since he was a little boy.

It's really hard for me to imagine how he had felt when his own mother leave him to be with a man other than his dad. The little Shaub might have cried endless night and waited till his mother come to say everything will be okay but she never came nor he let her come.

She had broken that part of him which is very hard to mend but I wouldn't let him be the rude Shaub who only knows how to hide his feelings but the Shaub who knows how to smile and care about everyone.

I couldn't think of what he had felt, when I had a supportive parents who love each other a lot and even when they do fight sometimes, it always ended up with both of them apologizing to each other.

And I couldn't say that Jade is the culprit here but one is clear that she truly couldn't become the mother Shaub had wanted and she had hurt him emotionally to the extent that he doesn't know when others will leave his side and cheat on him.

After searching him in each and every corner of the mansion, I went to the last place where I thought he might have gone and my guess was right.

When I opened the hidden door, I couldn't believe that the man in front of me is the great Shaub Reghen who is so proud of himself that he wouldn't let anyone to think that he too sometime feel weak.

And the moment I take a step inside the room, I find broken pieces of things scatter on the floor and looking at the things it seemed to be the gifts which might be send by Jade as it was still covered with the faded rapers.

I carefully place my foot on the floor as not to smash anything and look around for a big man who has ego as high as Mt.Everest.

Then I find him at the corner sitting on the floor while leaning his back against the old coffee table looking vulnerable and broken which made something inside me to winced and I ran to engulf him in a hug.

I wrapped my hands around his torso and rubbed his back in a soothing manner to let him now that it's okay to be weak sometime and to feel down.

He did not return the hug neither did he protest but just stay like that for a while. Then I do not know what made him change but he wrapped his arms around me and placed his face on the crook of my neck.

His sudden action took off guard and my breath hitched when his breath fan on my skin which made me still for a moment and my body went through the shortage of oxygen.

"Shaub! It's okay. You will be fine." I whispered when I regain my senses and I patted his back.

"Don't! Just go away." He frantically pushed me away and I stumbled a little with a shocked expression.

"Shaub! I'm just here t-" He did not let me finish my sentence and shouted at me.

"I don't need your pity. You would be happy seeing me...like this. Just leave." His outburst made me flinch and I looked at him like I'm seeing an alien who knows how to change his mood within a second.