Bonus chapter one

"Love! I'm home." I yelled through the doorway and walked towards the kitchen while placing the briefcase on the coffee table.

But I didn't get any response and I was sure that she must be up to something, so I took each step cautiously and then witnessing her annoyed face I stop at the kitchen doorframe.

"I don't want to talk with you Mr.Husband. So you better get out. Otherwise, you will be dead with this spatula." Shalifa yelled like a mad woman.

"Love! I..." I take a step ahead but her piercing gaze me to halt at the spot.

"I'm so mad at you Mr.Shaub Reghen you know that I....how could you lock me in this house?" She threw the spatula towards me but I dodge it off which made her grab the coffee mug.

"Love! Wait. Listen to me first...." I tried to reason out with a pleading voice but she didn't even notice.

"No. Mr.Husband, you can't control my life like this. First you made me take a leave before I'm six months long and now you have locked me like I'm some kind of prisoner. Am I a prisoner to you? Jerk." She literally screamed the last part making me to almost lose my hearing capacity and she placed the mug on the kitchen island with a thud.

"God! Woman." I muttered under my breath and advanced towards her. This time she didn't fight and let me hold her.

"How are you feeling love?" I asked tucking her baby hair at the side and cupped her cheek to make her look at me.

"Seriously, Shaub! After all this you're asking me how the hell I am?" She frown making faces and I giggled which add fuel to the fire.

"You're laughing Shaub. You like to see me in distress." She hit me on the chest and gave me a hurt look.

"No! Love. I didn't intend to lock you here. I have told Daniel to-" I was trying to reason out but being the stubborn woman she didn't intend to listen to me.

"How many times I have to told you Shuab that I'm better off without the bodyguard? I'm no one important." She retorted swatting away my hands and gave me a disappointed look.

"You're wrong Love. You're the most important person to me and our babies add a whole meaning to my life. I couldn't leave you and our babies out of my site but you don't let me to take a leave and in order to know about you all I have hire him. And he is the best one in his company. Has he done something wrong?" I inquired as to understand her cranky mood.

"Shuab! I don't have any problem with him but I do have the problem with the work he is being assign to do. I know you love us enough to be extra careful of us but you know it's makes me feel worried. I feel like I'm in some kind of danger and...." She rubbed her swollen stomach with a worried look and I couldn't see her like this.

"Ssh. It's okay love. Now, I know why you have make him bring those things which made he feel uncomfortable. You truly know how to trouble someone." I tease her in a sardonic voice but she, my pregnant wife took it seriously and I had a terrible headache.

"You think of me as trouble. Out of all people you the person who claim to love me think me as a burden." She wept like a child and her tears are my fucking weakness.

"Love! You shouldn't cry. You have a fever and the babies..." I tried to console her but she avoided me and did not let me touch her.

"God! Shuab. I happy that at least you care about the babies but I couldn't believe that you regard me as burden." She wail harder and it drive me insane.

"Love! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I was just teasing you." I tried to act calm and cool as this is not the first time her period had kicked in.