Chapter 4

Jisoo

"You going somewhere sweety?"

My mom asked when she passes by at the living room.

"Yes mom. I'm waiting for Jennie, we are going to hang out." I say, smiling a bit.

"Okay, be careful and don't stay late. I'm going to cook for dinner, so invite her to eat with us."

"I will!" I nod.

She went into the kitchen, leaving me alone in the living room again. I keep on checking the time on my phone, since it's 10 before 3pm.

I'm all ready, just waiting for Jennie who seems being not on her usual early time when she's picking me up. Maybe something came up or she's stuck in the traffic. So I patiently wait for her.

Checking my phone again after a moment, I frown when it's already 3:24pm. She's late, she's never been late. Not in our day. I'm starting to lose hope that she's still coming, so I tired to call her.

"Sorry, the number you hae dialed..."

I stare at my phone with furrowed eyebrows, hearing the operator talking. Her phone is out of reach, is there something bad happen? My heart starts to beat rapidly due to sudden nervousness. My system starts worrying and I got a littlw panicked. I quickly bounce of the couch and run towards my room to get my car key.

"Mom! I'm going!" I shouted, running towards the front door.

"Okay, be careful!" My mom shouted back.

With forced, I opened the car door and hopped inside the driver's seat.

"Shit!" I cursed under my breathe when my knee hit the gear.

Ignoring the pain, I started the engine and drive fast to Jennie's apartment. I used my mustang car and pull down the roof. Receiving different curses to other drivers everytime I over take. Bless them Lord for having such a bad mouth. I'm just being in a hurry, they don't need to curse me. Tsk.

A loud screech can be heard when I finally reached the building where Jennie is living. I hope no one will notice how I park my car, or else it will be drag by a tow truck. I'm about to run to catch the elevator, but I forgot to close the car door so I just kicked it when I think my foot can reached before running back towards the elevator.

"Wait!" I shout and pressed my hand before the elevator close.

The people inside the elevator look at me like as if I got two spare heads. I just smiled at them and wipe my sweat. I pressed the floor of where Jennie's room is. It took less than 2 minutes wheb I reached the floor. I tried calling her again, but I can't still reach her. Shoving my phone in my pocket, I ring the doorbell.

"Jennie! Are you here!?" I shouted, still pressing the button.

I heard a shuffling sound inside and it takes a moment when the door finally opened.

"Oh, hey Jisoo!" Jennie greeted with a nervous smile.

"Are you okay?" I asks, peeking inside but she moves to block me.

"Yes." She nod. "Why are you here?" She asks.

"You are supposed to pick me up, but you didn't showed up. So I thought something bad happened and I came her to check on you if you're okay." I say, frowning.

Did she forgot what we talked about yesterday? Our day? It maybe just a simple day for other, hanging out with your best friend, but for me it is special. I'm with her, so I treasure it.

She smack her head like she just remember something.

"I'm sorry Jisoo, it's slipped out of my mind." She apologized, biting her lower lip out of being guilty.