Chapter 5

Jisoo

"Jisoo, I have a question." Lisa says as we settle on our seats, waiting for our teacher.

"What is it?" I replied, not tearing my eyes away from my book.

"What do you call yourself if you can't reach something?"

I whipped my head towards her direction with furrowed brows.

"What?"

"It's Ji-short!"

Right then, she burst out laughing her ass off. I don't find it funny so I just stare at her with blank face. And when I couldn't take her laughter because of her stupid joke, I smack my book on her head.

"Aww!" She grunts that makes her stop.

"Oh, it works! I just killed the most annoying sound." I act like I was surprise.

"Jisoo! You're so mean!" She pouts.

"Just a payback." I smirk, getting back from reading.

"Ahh!"

I get startled when Lisa suddenly engulfed my head with her arm and pretend to headlock me.

"And this is revenge!" She laughs, not letting me go.

"Yaah! Let me go!"

I try pushing her off but she's strong! Damn this tall human! We are in that moment when we heard someone cleared her throat. Lisa finally lets me go, earning a sharp glare at me.

"What are you doing?" Jennie asks, sitting beside me.

"Oh, Jisoo and I are just cuddling." Lisa answered. "Right Jisoo?" She coos, pinching my cheeks.

I fake a smile and swat her hand. "I will cut your fingers."

"You're so sweet." Lisa says in sarcasm.

"Of course I am." I say pinching her cheek, but a bit harder.

She winced and pouted making me to chuckle.

"See? I'm sweet."

"You two are so noisy, teacher is here." Jennie says coldly.

Lisa and I sit properly, I glance at Jennie but her face remain straight and cold. Did something happened? I will just ask her later.
...

Classes are dismissed and we're about to leave the classroom.

"Jisoo! Let's go!" Lisa yelled since she's already outside the classroom.

"Alright!" I yelled back. "Jendeuk, let's go."

She nod and link her arm on mine as we walked outside the room. As we walk on the crowded hallway, a small figure can be seen waving at us. She walks towards us with a smile, with a girl following her.

"Are you guys going for lunch?" Irene asks.

"Ah yeah." Jennie replied, subtly releasing her hold on my arm.

My eyes flickers to sadness for a second but I quickly composed myself.

"Let's all eat together!" Irene suggests.

Jennie and Lisa agreed and I have no choice but to agree too. If earlier Jennie was clinging to me, now she's clinging to Irene. It hurst, so I just look down while walking. I didn't notice that the person in front of me stop walking so I bumped on her back.

"Oh, sorry." I apologize, lightly bowing my head before raising it to see the person.

I was startled a bit when she touch my cheek and wipe something on it.