Chapter 20

"Abe, what's this all about? I thought we were going to dinner."

Abe traced his hands around her hips to steady her steps. He chuckle thinking what in blessed creation did a deviant preacher's son do to deserve, such an incredible beauty like Olive Goodwin. He loved the the floral scents in her hair. She was like a walking flower shop, he could see why she loved flowers, she was one herself.

She took an unsteady step on to the curb, he closed in his grip before she toppled over.

"Abe don't let me fall."

Abe laughed. "That will never happen. I'll always catch you, sweetheart."

"What is this about?"

He steadied and leaned into her ear pushing her golden locks back, "Remember when you said, I didn't have a romantic bone in my entire body?"

"Oh lord! Abe, what did you do?"

"Remember, when you said that a simple bouquet of flowers every so often wouldn't kill me." He chuckled.

"Yeah, and you said your woman deserves the whole flower shop." She said, "Abe?"

He gently slid his fingers through the scarf and stripped it away.

Her soft pink lips parted and her Sapphire eyes brightened. "Abie?"

She loved when she called him Abie, he knew that it meant that she was happy, and that's all he ever wanted for his flower. He nuzzled in the spot just below her ear, the spot that drove her crazy. She moaned.

"Abe." She murmured.

Thoughts of christening his wife's new flower shop they way they'd christened their house raged through his mind and he nipped and kissed the column of her perfect creamy neck.

"Liv's Floral Shoppe." She read the sign above. She pushed against his chest angling her neck away from him and giggling.

"When did you do this?"

"I've been working on this for months." He smiled taking a breath, "See I listen. I'm not a total lost cause, Liv."

"I never thought you were a lost cause." He slid his arms around her waist pulling her into him, swaying her against the spring breeze, "A little incorrigible at times."

"Only with you, baby." He murmured into her neck, "I can't help that you're my favorite pastime."

"More than fixing cars?"